Chapter 1

“Hey babe, babe. Hey.”  I feel a nudge on my shoulder as my eyes peak to the left side of me to only see a lady in red holding out a small menu in my face, obnoxiously. God, some people are so careless.

         Ash’s loud voice mixed with his accent doesn’t help the wakeup call I got a second ago, thanks to him. I find it so hard to be polite to someone when they are holding something so close in your face right after you just wake up.  I took the menu, thanked the lady,and passed the rest down to Ash, and Tillie whom was staring at the window in a daze. It didn’t help that she snuck a pot brownie into her bag and scarfed it down within the first hour of the trip. She really was, in all sense of the term; “Tripping.”

         Peeking over me, I cannot help but notice how my boyfriend peers over to the lady’s figure as she passes to the next lane.  

                 “That wasn’t obvious Ashton.” My sarcastic tone gives it away that I am in fact being sardonic.

         He licks his lips and all I can stare at it is his mouth as he opens it preparing  for the first of many stupid words that are about to burst out.

                 “Aww! No come on!” He smiles charmingly. But I still don't buy it.

                  “I was just looking to see where Cal was.” He adds letting a harmless laugh out as I roll my eyes in disbelief pushing my earbuds in that I borrowed from Ashton.

         I put my chair in recline and trying to go back to sleep seems to be the best alternative out there at the moment instead of having to worry about him looking at the attractive flight attendants again.

        I was never worried about what Ashton did. I trust him. Kind of.  But sometimes he really could be a pain in the ass of a boyfriend…Seeing even the small things like that, really makes me think of what he could be doing when we aren’t together. Times like when he used to flirt with a girl named Sage in our Geography class really makes me rethink my trust for him, he can’t help but to deny it on the other hand, being that I was assigned two rows behind them told me otherwise. She was so annoying with her Australian accent and her infuriating giddy laugh. Why did she have to be a part of the “Exchange Student Program” the same time he was anyways? The only thing she wanted to study abroad was my boyfriend and he knew that but, couldn’t find his way to acknowledging it, even when we have had multiple arguments about it.

         Falling into a daze as I listen to Ed Sheeran isn’t half as bad as listening to the jet engines and babies crying from the front and back of the plane. I’m not complaining when I wake up to his ballads though, which probably played over twenty times before I finally heard the annoying British pilot talking over the P.A. system informing us on some “Important message”. We were landing, finally. God, why is it that I always have to be woken up? Even when going on a vacation.

                 “Look, Jesus Christ that view is amazing.” Till says in complete awe with her nasally voice which I totally hate even though she is my best friend. I find it so bothersome when people get thrilled over nothing. Especially since I just woke up.

                 “Damn, your right.” Ashton adds. I cant help but to notice how he quickly looked out the window when his eyes had a magnetic force to some blonde next to me seconds ago, before he notices I  am awake to see him.

                 “What are you staring at Ashton?”  I say exasperated.

                 “The view!” he quickly points near Tillie to the window.