13. Old times

After the incident with my boyfriend, the boys kept convincing me to move out of his place

After the incident with my boyfriend, the boys kept convincing me to move out of his place. But I didn't, because I was afraid of being alone, and having no one. Sure I had Mick, but I couldn't always rely on him, I have been doing that for years. Everyday there was a new bruise or scratch, which I usually managed to hide well, but today I was having an issue doing so. This was due to Frankie hitting me in the face last night, which was pretty gnarly. I blamed it on the drinking, but deep inside, I knew even Mick would never get that angry with me...

As I got to work, I kept myself busy so I didn't have to deal with the boys taking a notice of my shit concealer that was trying to hide bruise underneath my eye. Plus Sharise had came over to visited with Skylar, which I was pretty excited about.
Luckily, Doc let me have a break to sit with my best friend, and my god-daughter on the stage as the boys all sat together close by.

Sharise instantly took notice of my face, but said nothing. We had too many arguments about my living state, so she chose to ignore it this time. I knew from her stare that she was disappointed in my life choices. As she left me with her daughter for a few minutes while she went to go pee, I had began to twirl little Sky around to make her go into a fit of laughter.

I always wanted a child of my own, due to them just bringing joy to life. And I really needed that joy, but I also knew that I couldn't bring something so innocent into the world with a drinking scum bag. But I also knew that I wouldn't stay with Frankie forever, and maybe my day might come with someone else.

"Again!" Sky exclaims happily in my arms, as I repeat my actions again making her laughs become louder, catching all the boys attention. I then kissed her chubby cheeks multiple times before putting her down, and letting her run around the stage. "I'm going to get you!" I say chasing her as she then runs towards her dad. "Is Aunty Kayla chasing you?" Vince asks Skylar, only causing her to giggle in happiness and eye me carefully as I walked closer. I then let her run passed me, before scooping her up in my arms making her let out a squeal.

"I got you!" I exclaim as I hugged her, while catching all of the boys lightly smile over in my direction.

As I finish the rest of my work, I walk passed Tommy & his girlfriend who were being two complete love birds. Nikki just rolls his eyes while sipping his soda in annoyance making me slightly laugh, before taking a seat beside my Uncle.
"You're lucky she's hot." I heard Nikki say to his friend, making me turn towards the two.
"Yeah. She is hot, huh?" Tommy states giddy-like before laying down on the floor between my Uncle and I, while Nikki sits closely besides me.
"I think I'm in love, Mick." Tommy states while smiling widely to himself, making me raise an eyebrow at the boy.

We then watch Sharise let Skylar say her goodbyes to Vince, only causing the girl to crankily cry before walking passed us, and heading out.
"Is this bring your fucking girlfriend to work day?" Nikki asks making Tommy and I laugh slightly.
"Wish I had a girlfriend." My uncle states sadly, making us turn to the man with a slight frown.
"I know Mick, I know." Nikki says as Tommy lights his cigarette beside me, causing me to slightly flinch. Luckily no one seems to notice my sudden movements, and allowed me to look down at the cigarette burns on the palm of my hand.

I then felt a nudge slight from Nikki who sat beside me, causing me to look away from my hand quickly, and glance over at the long haired boy.
"Hey." He says slightly forcing a smile my way, making me to do the same. "Hey, Rockstar." I say using his nickname that I gave him years ago. I haven't had the chance to talk to Nikki in awhile, but it was probably for the best.

I then watch Nikki's smile fade once finally eyeing my right eye, which made me look away in embarrassment. Nikki then quickly stands up, and pulls me away from the other boys. "You can't keep letting him treat you like that, Kay." Nikki says giving me a serious look. "I don't know what your talking about." I stare shaking my head in slight denial. This caused Nikki to groan in annoyance before quickly licking his thumb, and wiping the concealer from under my eye. I quickly try to bat his hand away from my face, but the damage was pretty much done.

"Don't play dumb. Why can't you just leave him?" Nikki tells me sternly, clearly upset. "It's not that simple." I tell him but he just shakes his head slightly. "He has no right to touch you like that." Nikki tells me angrily. "Maybe I deserve it." I state sadly causing him to grab ahold of my face, and give me a look of concern. "No one deserves that. So stop telling yourself that." He states with worried eyes, only causing me to pull away from him.

"Move in with me." He suddenly says making me look over at him in shock.
"What? No, Nikki." I say shaking my head.
"Why not?"
"I'm not going to be somebody else's problem." I say causing him to roll his eyes at me.
"You won't be, you'll have a room downstairs, and away from me. You'll have your own privacy." He says making me roll my eyes this time.
"You deserve it, especially after looking after our dunk asses on every tour." He says causing me to let out a sigh, and smile at Nikki.
"Okay, Fine." I say taking up his offer, only causing him to pull me in close hug.
"It'll be like old times."

——

(An: didn't check spelling srry)