xvii. ( defeated )

. . ‧₊˚ MURDERED!

AS THE GROUP searched the sewers for stan, they suddenly hear a familiar voice screaming for help. it was stanley, no doubt. they began running towards the saddening sound, coming to a quick halt as they reached their destination. stan's face was being sucked off by this lady with a contorted face, looking terrifying as ever. the lady stopped, lifting its mouth off of stan.

the bite marks it made were visible, the indentions deep. it looked at the group before disappearing behind a corner, then reappearing as the all too familiar clown. the clown quickly vanished, giving them a chance to run over to stan and help him. he was crying, hyperventilating.

"you guys left me!" stan shouted as they crowded him. "you made me go into neibolt! you guys aren't my friends!" he was violently shaking in fear, curling up into a ball as he shouted at them for leaving him to near death. stella looked up, spotting bill with the gun in his hands.

he was running towards something he had supposedly seen, and this made stella suspicious as to where he was going and what he was doing. eddie saw it too and called after the boy. "bill!" he shouts. bill didn't stop though, he kept going. the group got up and chased after the boy, following far behind him. they stopped once they saw someone who they knew.

it was beverly.

she was floating not too far from the ground, but still floating above it. "how the—" stella started, but ben cut her off. "someone help me get her down!" he ordered, panicking. stella was the one to help him, even though she could barely do much as she had her crutches underneath her arms and they were the only things keeping her from falling.

as they got her down, ben held her by the face and started to shake her. "beverly!" he shouted hopelessly. her once vibrant blue orbs were now faded. ben looked for any sign of her waking up anytime soon before just going in and kissing her.

"wow." richie muttered as ben let go and beverly stumbled back, her eyes returning back to its original color. she now looked more alive, opposite to what she looked as she was unconscious. "january embers," beverly says, hoping for him to finish it. ben smiled, and answered, "my heart burns there too." this caused beverly to smile as well, happy that it was someone like ben who had sent her the love letter.

"jesus fuck," richie mumbled, commenting on the whole thing again. the group surrounded beverly with hugs, glad that she was alive and well. eddie supposedly saw something in the distance and let go, the rest of the group reciprocating his actions.

they followed eddie as he led them straight to where bill was. georgie stood in front of him, in a dirty yellow raincoat and rain boots. his arm was gone, and you could see the flesh from where it had been ripped off. but something was weird about him, and though stella had never seen georgie in person before he still looked off to her. maybe it was just her imagination, but something wasn't quite right.

bill pulled the gun out and pointed it at the middle of his forehead, claiming that he wasn't real. 'georgie' began to stumble backward, shaking and slowly contorting itself back into a clown. it got up in an unusual way, and everyone started to yell at bill, telling him to kill it. bill points the gun at the clown as mike's eyes widened in realization.

"it's not loaded," he says. bill didn't seem to hear him over all of the shoutings, so mike repeated himself louder this time. "it's not loaded!" mike shouted, but bill had already pulled the trigger by the time he finished his warning. the clown pretended to be hurt as stella limped over towards the clown, her hands wrapped tightly around her crutches.

"you have the rest of your life to eat kids, just fuck off this once! you fatass, you don't even need to eat us when you've already eaten so many kids." stella was angry, she was tired of having to try and kill this clown over and over again with no success.

the clown smirked at her, hunger filling its entire face. "you better watch your mouth, stella. you don't want another bone broken, do you?" it asked, and she seemed to cower away a bit. "but, i will let them go... as long as i get one last meal." stella didn't say anything right away, she looked to see if it was serious or not. it seemed pretty legit to her, so she answered. "who?" the clown's smirk turned into a sinister grin.

"you." it says quickly before grabbing her by the neck, holding her against its side. its grip on her neck was tight, and she was having trouble breathing. she struggled as she tried to loosen its grip, squirming around. her crutches fell when it grabbed her, so they were just laying there in the spot she previously stood.

"let her go!" the group began shouting, but the clown kept backing up and vigorously shaking its head no. "no, either you let me and stella be or i will eat every single one of you."

nobody dared to say anything, except for richie. "fine, we'll leave..." richie sighed, giving into the clown. "but can i at least say one last thing before we go?" the clown's grin grew bigger and tears began to roll down stella's face as she couldn't breathe and as she realized that her friends had just betrayed her like that. "go right ahead."

richie nodded and looked down. then, his head snaps up as he shouts, "welcome to the losers club, asshole!" he swung at the clown with a bat, causing it to let stella free. stella collapsed to the ground, tears still streaming down her face as she was finally able to breathe. everyone else began charging at the clown as richie helped stella up and handed her the crutches.

the clown began turning into everyone's biggest fears as they hit it, one by one. it threw up blood all over eddie, causing him to scream and kick it. beverly came up to it and it turned into her father. she hit it, making it turn back into a clown and bill seemed to notice something.

"that's why you didn't kill beverly..." bill started. "because she wasn't afraid. and we aren't either, not anymore. you're the one who's afraid because you're gonna starve."

the clown stumbled into an opening, the hole deep and seemed to never end. it held onto the ledge as stan handed bill something to hit it with. "h-he th-thrusts his f-f-fists a-against the p-p-post and h-he s-still i-i-insists he s-sees t-the g-g-ghost." the clown recited as bill came closer. bill held the weapon up, ready to strike the clown with all he had. the clown's hand slipped even more as it began to slowly disappear, its body crumbling away.

"fear." it whispers before fully vanishing into a great pit of nothingness.

"well, i know what i'm doing for my summer experience essay." richie commented once the clown fully disintegrated. "guys," eddie says, catching the groups attention. "look, the kids are all falling down." they were indeed all falling back down from where they floated.

"holy fuck..." stella gaped at the sight before them. "can we get out of here? i'm pretty sure the bruise on my neck is gonna start showing soon and i have to get rid of it before my dad see's. he's already onto me about the whole leg thing and—"

"okay!" richie cut her off. "we get it, you don't like it here."

"you're not wrong."

🍒, maybankz—
n/a

WRITTEN. unknown
EDITED. june 5, 2020