xi. ( fourth of july parade )

. . ‧₊˚ MURDERED!

STELLA HAD JUST arrived at the fourth of july parade. she was excited to clear her mind off of what's been happening for a while and she was sure that she could find someone who would want to hang out with her for at least during the fair. she roamed around aimlessly, stopping at a cotton candy stand.

she approached the worker with a small smile. "hi, can i have a cotton candy please?" stella asked, trying to be as nice as possible. the worker smiled back at her. "sure, i'll be right back with it."

stella nodded and waited for a good two minutes for the cotton candy to be finished. the worker came back and handed it to her.

"thank you, how much is it?" stellaasked, reaching into her pocket for money that she had brought. "oh no, there's no need to pay. but you're welcome." they answered, causing stella to smile even bigger. "thank you, bye!"

"bye."

stella walked away from the stand, happy with the fact that she had gotten free cotton candy at the place. she was feeling lucky, maybe today was going to be a good day for the girl.

she heard a bunch of familiar voices off in the distance, but she brushes them off as people from one of her classes or people in the halls at school. she chose that it was best to go and talk to them, as her main goal was to have fun and make new friends.

stella began to walk towards the voices, and immediately stopped once she was directly behind the group. it was the losers club, hence to why their voices were so familiar to her.

everyone except for the new face stella saw stared at her surprisingly. she was equally as surprised to see them there, but she still didn't say anything to them.

mike, who stella had not met yet, smiled at her. she looked at him confusingly at first but then smiled back. "i'm mike, if you didn't know." the boy greeted her.

"stella." she informed him and he nodded. the rest of the group was confused to why she was being so nice to him, she had never been this nice to them before.

"why are you so nice to him?" richie decided to open his mouth again, only to annoy her. "because i'm in a good mood today. or i was until you spoke, at least." stella casually answered, shrugging.

"does this mean you're staying this time?" beverly asked, hope lacing her voice as the group looked at her intently.

"nope." she simply answers.

the group's faces drop, including richie's. stella decides not to think too much into this as she had already thought hard enough this morning. she looked around at everybody and just sighed.

"well, i guess i'll leave now. nice meeting you, mike." stella waved and turned around to leave the group. she's found herself doing that many times before, she never knows when it may stop.

"w-wait!" bill called out, causing the redheaded girl's eyebrows to furrow and for her to turn around in curiosity.

"what?" stella asked, wanting to know what he needed so badly from her that she couldn't resume her day out.