viii. ( an urgent call )

. . ‧₊˚ MURDERED!

STELLA WAS CURRENTLY sitting at her desk, and sitting at her desk was about all she was doing other than stuff like breathing and blinking. she was bored out of her mind, and almost even started to read. the girl despised reading as if it was her worst enemy. the only reason she felt this way was because once in 4th grade she got called on to read and stumbled over most of the words.

as predicted, many people made fun of her that day and excluded her from most activities. so from them on she refused to read out loud and didn't ever do it unless she absolutely had to. she hated being made fun of or criticized.

the phone on the wall next to her desk started loudly ringing, causing her to immediately zone back in and lift her head from her hands. her eyes darted towards the phone, but she didn't recall expecting a call from anybody today. so out of curiosity, the redhead answered. if it wasn't for her curiosity and boredom she wouldn't have answered and just let it ring, even if she did plan a call. it only depended on if she wanted to speak at that moment.

stella sighed to herself and got up from where she sat. she grabbed the phone, bringing it up to her ear. usually, she would say something first but the person who called her had managed to beat her to it.

"stella?" The somewhat familiar voice hurriedly asked from the other line. the feminine voice was full of panic and fear, so stella became worried.

"yes, this is she. whi is this?" stella replied, trying to sound as calm as possible even though she was freaking out on the inside. she was really concerned for whoever it was, they seemed to be frantic.

"beverly. i need your help, can you come over?" beverly informed her in a rush. stella nodded but mentally slapped herself for doing so as they couldn't see each other.

"yeah, of course. where do you live?"

THE GROUP OF seven all stood outside of beverly's house, except she stood in front of the other six. she had just put her cigarette out and stood up as soon as she saw them. she was in a rush, trying to get them in as quickly as she humanly could.

"guys, i need to show you all something," beverly states, her eyes scanning over the group. the group tried to enter the house, but she stopped them. "my dad would kill me if he knew that i had boys in the house."

"okay. richie, s-stay out here." bill ordered, causing richie's face to completely fall. "but what if her dad comes back?" richie nervously asked, stopping the group again. stella groaned, growing impatient with the needy boy. "just— i don't know, stall?"

"like how, though?" he went on as stella only rolled her eyes at him. "do what you always do," stan shrugged. "start talking."

stella smirked at his joke and gave him a high five for it. richie was a bit jealous, but pushed away from the feeling and decided to respond as they began walking into the apartment.

"it is a gift!" he shouted. then, of course, being the kind of boy he was, he came up with what he thought was a good idea. "wait!"

the entire group groaned this time and turned back around, facing richie with impatient and annoyed expressions on their faces. he stopped them so many times and now it wasn't just stella who was tired of it.

"what now?" stella said angrily, over richie and his shenanigans. "i'm only staying out here if stella stays out with me." richie said, causing stella to start fuming in anger.

"fuck you."

stella pushed her way out of the group, reluctantly making her way over to where richie stood, finally allowing the rest of the group to go in and see whatever beverly needed to show them so urgently.

"so, what's up?" richie dared to try and start a conversation with the angry and unsatisfied redhead.

"are you kidding me? what's up, tozier? what's up is that you're so annoying!" stella began to snap at him, this only being the least harsh thing she was going to say.

"how? i just wanted some company, no need to get all angry or whatever." richie replied, causing her to become even more annoyed by him. "what do you mean there's no need to get angry? first of all, don't tell me how to feel. second of all, i came here to help beverly, not be your stupid company."

"chill out," richie rolled his eyes, this being unamusing to the girl before him. "chill out?! i will not hesitate to actually murder you." she threatened, looking at him with a bothered expression.

"like you did your mom? i mean everybody knows you did."

stella bit the inside of her cheek, not wanting to let anything slip out of her mouth. but of course, something did, being the outspoken and temper issued person she was.

"at least i had a mom that cared about me." she fired back, knowing it would hurt him equally as much as he hurt her. at this point she didn't care how her words would affect him, she was just over how he spoke to her.

he seemed taken aback and didn't say anything. stella could tell by the look on his face that it really hit him hard. she ignored the feeling of guilt and regret and instead convinced herself to feel more accomplished. of course, it was wrong, but she didn't care enough to realize it at the time being.

"you know what, i don't want you here anyways." richie spoke up, showing an unreadable expression to her.

"fine by me."

🍒, maybankz—
n/a

WRITTEN. unknown
EDITED. june 5, 2020