Chapter nineteen

"That looks like underwear when it's on, I swear I used to wear that when I was Lilette's age!" I rolled my eyes at the shorts and slightly cropped top being held in front of me. Ok so maybe I over exaggerated a bit, but still, I hadn't worn that bathing suit since I was around seventeen and even then, it was never in extremely public places.

"Enjolras, I can't go out in public like that!" I crossed my arms over my light green dress.

"Who said anything about public?" He smirked throwing the bathing suit at me, sending it flying until it hit me in the face and tumbled to the floor.

"Hmmm, alright then" I picked up the shorts and top and went into the bathroom to put them on under my dress, which I'm guessing he had already done.

"Ready, gorgeous?" He smiled when I exited the bathroom.

"You make me melt, you do" I said in my head.

"You make me strong" Enjolras replied... maybe I didn't say that in my head. I slightly shied away in embarrassment as I realised what I had said, then I realised who I said it to: Enjolras, the love of my life, I shouldn't feel the need to hide my feelings from him.

"Let's go, gorgeous" he took the opportunity to be a gentleman by offering me his arm.

"Oh, so now you're suddenly a gentleman?" I smirked and lightly nudged him as we walked out the door. He just rolled his eyes and continued walking down the hall.

"Monsieur Enjolras, where are you going with my daughter?" My father called from his study, he must've heard us coming down the stairs, joking and laughing.

"Uhhh, what do I say?" Enjolras panicked to me.

"Say we're going to town for... books!" I tried to think.

"Books?" He pulled an unimpressed face, expressing that my father would never believe that.

"Monsieur Enjolras, that is you isn't it?" My father called again. Enjolras gulped then replied:

"yes"

"So, where are you taking my Gen?" He called, suspicion in his voice.

"If it is alright with you Monsieur, I would like to escort your daughter to town as she claims she is in need of some new shoes" Enjolras looked straight ahead, concentrating on making sure his voice didn't wobble and he sounded strong, believable.

"Genevieve, I was unaware you required a new pair of shoes?" My father came out of his study and met Enjolras and I at the bottom of the stairs.

"Y-yes Father, I do" I stumbled on my words a bit.

"And for what occasion?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Uh... erm..." I couldn't think why. He wouldn't believe us now. He would take Enjolras away, thinking he was trouble and I would have to say goodbye to him earlier than the revolution.

"My family is hosting a ball! My mother invited Courfeyrac and Genevieve and, with your permission, Monsieur... I would like to escort her." He pushed down the nerves, that was a very, very bold move to make Fireboy...

"Hmmm... you said Courfeyrac would be attending? I hadn't heard anything from him" My father stroked his chin.

"Yes! That is why I came over this morning, to invite your children to the ball. But then I got distracted when I saw your daughter nearly fall from the window and ran up to save her" he nodded to my father, adding in his 'hero story' to remind my father he saved my life.

"And I am extremely grateful for your efforts, Monsieur Enjolras" My father nodded to him.

"Please, I'm just glad she is ok" Enjolras looked at me. If my father weren't standing right there, then I would've gratefully kissed for a reasonably long time, but that was most definitely not appropriate as we waited on my father's response.

"As am I... alright, you may escort my daughter to town and to your family ball. I trust you will take full responsibility for her wellbeing at both events and have her returned by seven o'clock tonight" My father agreed with conditions. I felt Enjolras relax and I squeezed the arm I was holding.

"Of course, Monsieur" Enjolras nodded to him and I gratefully smiled at my father.

"Run along now, children" My father spoke as he returned to his study. We followed his instructions gladly and practically skipped out the door, closing it behind us and running down the drive.

"I knew he'd let you" I called as he pulled me behind him by the hand.

"I'll have the most beautiful girl at the ball!" He turned his head to look at me, causing us to fall over in a bed of long flowers. We giggled as we hit the ground, him breaking my fall.

"Wait, the ball is real?" I said, lying on top of him.

"Yes, very. I was going to ask you on our date today but I thought it best I asked your father while he was still in a good mood with me" he moved a piece of hair that had fallen in front of my face and tucked it behind my ear.

"Fair enough... so you do have something to ask me, Monsieur Enjolras?" I teased.

"Miss Genevieve Ruseé, will you do me the honour of accompanying me to my family ball?" He looked up at me with a small grin. I simply pressed my lips to his and rolled us over so we're on our sides, without breaking our lips apart once.

"Of course I will" I smiled back down to him, running a hand through his golden-copper curls.

"We should go" I smiled to him, I didn't really want to go but it was already about 12 o'clock noon.

"I don't want to" Enjolras whined like a little boy and placed to solid arm around my waist to stop me from moving.

"Enjolras, if you want to go swimming then we need to go!" I tried to struggle free, but he help me firmly in place... damn his stong, muscular arms.

"I don't want to go... you're so beautiful" he held my cheek in his hand, I kissed it softly before smiling.
I giggled:

"Come on Fireboy, lets go be in love some more"