Chapter eighteen

Gavroche had gone out play with Lilette and I watched them with loving eyes as he took her arm around his and acted like such a gentleman, of course only between frantic games of playing tig and making mud pies. Enjolras and I had finished breakfast and had been sitting in my room for about an hour now, barely speaking a word.

"What's wrong my love?" I climbed onto my bed and sat behind Enjolras then began rubbing his shoulders as he sat in silence.

"Genevieve..." he quietly replied, not moving an inch and keeping his stare on the carpet. I took this as an indication to stop the 'massage' and I instead wrapped my arms around his shoulders, placing my head in the crook of his neck.

"I nearly lost you Gen, I nearly lost you..." he remained frozen so I began placing little kisses all over his neck.

"Genevieve, this is serious" I noticed him biting his lip, mission accomplished. I still continued kissing him then leant up to his ear to whisper:

"Enjolras, you were there to save me-"

"But what about when I'm not?!" He snapped, wriggling me off his shoulders. I began to slowly retreat and sat back from him on my knees. I felt tears in my eyes as I knew he was thinking of the likely outcome of the revolution.

"Genevieve..." He turned to face me, apology in his face as he saw the startled look that was painted on mine.

"I'm sorry I was so clumsy?" I said in shock, unsure of what to say next.

"No, please, don't be. I just simply don't know what I'll do...who will protect you when I'm gone Genevieve? Who will take you in their arms and give their life for you to live? Who will help you find your way back home... forgive me of my cockiness, but no one can love you as much as I do Genevieve, it's not humanly possible to beat me" His voice began to hollow and become weak as he crawled onto the bed and kneeled opposite me.

"Enjolras, you have given me your love, you have given me your valuable time, you have shared your passion with me and even let me experience it with you. You've given me the world, my love, and if we shall meet the end of our love story on a barricade then so be it, as long as it's together then I don't care" I grasped his hands tightly and poured my heart out.

He pulled himself closer to me and kissed me longingly, like we would never kiss again. Somehow me had moved so I was laying down, with him on top.

"I love you" he breathlessly pulled back, hovering over me.

"I love you" I repeated back to him, gently moving away some of the curls had fallen forward.

"Genevieve why is there a man on top of you?" Lilette entered the room making us both jump and Enjolras launched himself off of me.

"Oh, hello Lilette! Remember we talked about knocking before?" Although my word choice was usually used in a sarcastic manor, this time they were far from sarcastic. I couldn't imagine what she was thinking, walking in on us lying on my bed in a tangled mess, especially when she'd never met the boy! 

"Why was there a man on top you?" She cocked her head to the side. Enjolras chuckled at what she said earning a low elbow to the gut from me.

"He was helping me... scratch an itch! Yep! That's right, I had a really itchy back and I just couldn't get it! But it's ok now, thanks to Courfeyrac's friend who came to my rescue!" I tried to save myself. I noticed Enjolras had his face buried in a pillow and his body was vibrating from laughter.

"Hmm, ok... anyways can Gavroche stay over? Please oh please, Gen?" Lilette grasped her little delicate hands together and pleaded, I didn't see a problem.

"Uh, yes, sure he can. Just don't let father know and it should be fine, ok bye bye now Lilette" I told her and dismissed her, sending her skipping away in glee to tell Gavroche the news. 

"Scratching an itch?!" Enjolras laughed out loud, still keeping his body face down and his head buried deep in the pillow.

"That's enough from you!" I scolded him then playfully tapped a hand over is bottom.

"Woah, easy tiger!" Enjolras turned over in shock and I stuck my tongue out.

"Why were you here in the first place anyway?" I changed the subject.

"Because, I wanted to take you out on a date" he played with my fingers.

"You did?" My heart fluttered.

"Genevieve, we're engaged now and I haven't been on a single date with you." He looked up from our tangled hands.

"Alright then, doctor romance. Where are you taking me?" I teased.

"It's a surprise" he said simply.

"Ok, when do we leave?" I asked him eagerly.

"Now, if you want?" He offered.

"Yes!" I grabbed his arm and hauled him off the bed.

"I'm just going to quickly go to the bathroom and then we can go!" I squeezed his hands then gave him a quick kiss and ran off to the bathroom.

I looked in the mirror and saw that a large blush was on my face, I didn't even mind it either. As I washing my hands and freshening up, I heard rustling coming from my room.

I peeked out the door and saw Enjolras rummaging through my drawers.

"What are you doing?" I questioned making him jump out of his skin.

"Uhhh, ermm" he tried to search his brain for an answer. I raised my eyebrow as I waited in a reply.

"I was just uh, looking for my... You're so beautiful you know that?" He tried to cover up his mistake and approached me, placing a soft kiss on my lips.

"Uh, Uh. Stop trying to distract me with your irresistible kisses" I pushed him off me, him giving me a smirk as I called him irresistible.

"Fine..." he rolled his eyes.

"I didn't want to spoil anything but oh well, where do you keep your swimming suits?"