ch. fifteen

my sweet boy

the fresh spring sun was setting on the town of ryan's, as he rode his bike down the streets with his two new friends that he made, joey and drew. they were there for ryan when he didn't have anyone else, they made him feel like he wasn't alone. after all, ryan was left lonely when he found that his old friend wasn't coming back. 

he didn't even like addressing to his name anymore. it hurt to much to say, the beautiful memories they made together hurt to think about. sure, he was young and he still had time to grow and make more out of life, but this person was everything to him. ryan knew he was never going to meet anyone that would ever match him. 

or even come close to that matter. 

after his friend left, he use to go to his old house, hoping one day he'd return, but he never did. it upset ryan that he left without a single goodbye, no warning at all either. he could have told him, he would have understood. it left ryan upset and angry, he closed himself for weeks until finally coming to an acceptance that his bestest friend was gone. 

and possibly forever. 

but he knew he would do anything to just see him again. the ginger hair that was always a mess and stuck out. the bright smile that he always brought out even if he didn't really feel it. those perfect green eyes that sparkled in the light, and those soft lips that he only got to touch once. god, he just wanted to hold him like they use to do, but he knew that was too much to ask for. 

he was too much to ask for in general. 

ryan still constantly worried about his old friend. was he alright, did he still have bruises? does he have a nice home in the city where he could look out the window and see the moon and lights like he always loved? did he make new friends? how was his new school? did he forget about his friend back in his home town?

why did he have to leave? 

ryan tried to forget about him, he tried so hard. he put himself through sports, such as soccer with joey and baseball with drew. ryan even went back to piano lessons, trying to drown himself in the soft music that he played under his fingertips. school was another way too, he joined clubs and became a part of the school. 

though, nothing ever drained the thought of him out. it angered him, why was he stuck in his mind, out of all people, why was he the one that ryan loved and cherished so deeply. he wore his heart on his sleeve, but now, it was missing, and it left with the boy that left without a single word.

many thought he was too young to ever be in love, but ryan always dismissed it. 

he threw it out, because he knew how he felt, and no one was going to let anyone tell him how to feel or what he feels. 

"hey ry, we're gonna head out to the park, wanna come with?" joey asked, tilting his head to the side, as ryan stopped to stare out him with a blank stare. 

that nickname, that place, brought so many thoughts and feelings that ryland didn't want to deal with whatsoever. 

"no, i'm just going to go home, have fun at the park." he spoke quickly, turning his bike around and pedaling away from the past, leaving his friends in a confused and concerned state. 

once ryan got home, he pushed his bike into the garage, and ran inside. his mother was on the couch with his sister, as she turned back to greet ryan but he already ran upstairs. she felt terrible, she didn't know how to help him, she didn't know what to say or do. ryan locked his bedroom door behind him, and threw his backpack down on the ground. 

his eyes darted towards the little guitar that stood on its stand by his desk. he reached out for it, taking it into his grip, and went over to the bed. he crawled on, crossing his legs together and sitting right next to the window. he opened the latch, letting the spring air into his room. ryan then positioned the guitar into playing position, and started to strum away. 

tall and gentle

too hot to handle

you're all that i want

oh, baby

sweet as nectar

honeysuckle

you make everything so fun

oh, my boy

my sweet boy

hey

you got a smile so bright

your pearls be making me so blind 

oh, you sugar coat your words

just to make sure that i don't get hurt

you make me higher than a sire

treat me like royalty

do me a favor, and just take me away

tall and gentle 

too hot to handle

you're all that i want

don't you know, baby

sweet as nectar

honeysuckle

you make everything so fun

oh, boy

my sweet boy

before ryan knew it, night came upon him and the moon was bright and shining through his room. the stars twinkled in the dark sky, as ryan just stared right out his window. he sighed, leaning his elbows against the window seal, smiling up at the beautiful moon, wishing that maybe it sent back the boy that he missed so much. 

though, 

his sweet boy was looking at the same moon, wishing for him just as much.

"shane, come on. time to give you your medicine."

"yes, miss avery."

____

currently one in the morning writing this because i can't sleep

so hope you enjoyed

happy wednesday loves <3

- andy