I avoided looking into his eyes but all my attempts went vain when he griped my chin with his elegant fingers and pushed my face closer to his. His breath was fanning my lips, his breath smelt fresh like mint. slowly..I meet his stare..

Sinister.

Forbidding

Menacing..

His grey fumes captured my blue ones in a dominating grip. His smouldering Eyes looked like raging fumes, all I could see were his eyes, his grey eyes.

His grey powerful eyes

Up this close, I could make out every speck, every hue. His eyes were spectacular, so different, so discreet. His eyes were windows to his soul, but they were always shut. Blank. Devoid of emotion.

"Wow" I hear loud gasps from the crowd and immediately move a little away from him and instinctively, he pulls me back, closer with an alarming strength. At an alarming rate. He squeezed my waist now, the slight touches were gone.

He holds me prisoner to his stare, and helplessly I endure his burning gaze. How can some one be so lifeless..so devoid of emotions..

I feel something slip onto my finger, slowly..heatedly

A ring..

I don't look down and neither does he, he stares. Just stares. People start clapping and congratulating, their enthusiasm was going over board.

My eyes were filled with emotions while his had none. We were two completely opposite people, how will we find our common ground?

His blazing eyes peer deeper into my soul and I try my very best to shield them. Shield them from him, his watchful stare.

He is a dominating man, and I'm his in front of the world..and somehow, somewhere I feel I have done a terrible mistake.

I have no option, I love my dad enough to sacrifice myself.

Enough to become Mrs.Nevaeh Terence Rodriguez

*********

I silently gaze out of the window, my hands were enclosed in Summer's  warm ones. We look past the splintering trees both of us lost in our worlds. Words were unspoken. So many things unsaid. So many emotions undone..

After our little show, Summer immediately came to my rescue. Terence did not let me leave his side, my hips were glued to his sides and he refused to let his hand on my waist go.
It was a silent torcher, his touch was a constant reminder of reality, a reality I did not want to endure.

I don't know what Summer said, I was too lost to hear what she said to Terence. Deep down, I was too scared to hear what she had to say about dad. I didn't want my heart to break again and again listening to those words. Critical.

I sigh in distress. She immediately whisked me away and thankfully Mr.Rodrigu—

Terence let me go..

We are heading towards the airport, Thankfully, the surgery is going to take place tonight. Mr.Rodriguez sr immediately transfer money into Summer's bank account she wasted no moment in utilising them for the surgery.

Mom is with dad, taking care of the formalities. I ached for her comforting arms around me, I wanted to feel safe. At times, I wonder if dad and mom didn't get separated how different our lives would have been

Mom would have been happy, Dad would have felt wholesome and I..I would have never let go of my parents. I would have basked in their love for me.

I get back to reality when I feel Summer's hand squeeze mine.

"I'm once again extremely sorry Nevaeh..I wish things would have been different" I shake my head and decide to talk about something else, I didn't want to talk about marriage with that man.