My chest caves in a little, as I look towards the ceiling to keep my tears from falling out of my eyes.

I'm not mom. If only Jude knew how much I understood that fact.

"Gotta love the teenage years." A voice chuckles from behind me.

My heart rate increases at the familiar scent of my mate. Coffee and caramel on a rainy day.

His caramel eyes come into view as I swirl around to look at his impressive height.

He was dressed in black skinny jeans and a plain t-shirt, I'm guessing Kody helped him find new clothes.

"Human." I nod, clearing my throat.

He smirks as the greeting passes my lips.

"Listen, Alpha Black, I cant stay here okay? I need to go home." He says, his face becoming more serious.

I scoff, "You should've thought about that before dating a werewolf."

His mouth drops in disbelief.

"I didn't even know she was one." West defends himself.

I shrug, "Maybe you should get to know somebody before sleeping with them."

His caramel eyes darken a little, making me raise a brow at my handsome mate.

"I'll have you know I haven't even kissed Bella." He scoffs, moving closer towards me.

I feel his heat radiate on to my body, making me blush lightly.

"Her name is Bailey" I chuckle, "glad to know you can't even remember the name of the girl who practically cost you your freedom."

It brought my wolf great pleasure to know that he hasn't kissed that bitch. But the human side of me didn't care; I didn't need a mate to be happy.

He opens his mouth to respond, only closing it moments later. I quirk a brow, placing my own smirk on my lips.

"Goodnight, human." I brush past him, relishing in his amazing scent.

"Alpha Black?" He questions, making me stop in my place and turn towards his tall figure once more.

"What's that perfume your wearing? It smells amazing." He smirks, leaning against his bedroom door frame.

Of course Kody gave him a room just down the hallway from my office and bedroom. Not that I was ever in my bedroom.

"I don't know." I shrug, trying to keep my smile down.

It pleased my wolf that he was acknowledging the scent that only he could smell.

He furrows his brow, a light smirk on his lips still.

I turn back around and continue towards my office, with his hot gaze following me all the way down the corridor.

By the time I finished my work, the sun was rising once again.

I had stayed up for seventy-two consecutive hours, something that I do not advise.

My eye lids were practically glued to my eyeball, refusing to stay open.

Deciding I had a few hours before anyone would be disturbing me, I lay my head down on my oak top desk.

A deep sigh works through my sore body, as my shoulders relax.

It wasn't more than five minutes before I was completely asleep.

A scream rips through the vacant house, my weak body falling to my knees.

I open my mouth in shock, clutching my trembling brother to my chest.

My father laid on the ground, blood surrounding him. The metal object that took his life gleamed evily under the rays shining in from the window.

The scream rips through the room again, making me look around frantically. I look down at my hands, bright red blood coating my palms.

Furrowing my brows, I look towards my fathers lifeless body. His cold, dead gaze locks with mine. I can't turn my head away.

The scream surfaces once more, and my throat begins to burn. I grasp my throat in panic, urging the hot pain to stop.

"Be brave, Riley." My father's voice echoes.

The piercing screech gets louder and louder, and I bang my head against the carpeted floor.

"Stop. Stop. Stop." I chant, hot tears running down my face.

"Black! Alpha Black!" A silky voice shouts.

Mate. I whisper, my fathers dead body disappearing and the screams silencing.

"Black wake up." Someone shakes me, making my head shoot up.

West kneels before me, his hands on my face and a worried look in his eyes.

I swallow harshly, making my throat scream at me in pain. My wide eyes meet my mates, and I feel my heart rate start to slow down.

He removes me his hands from my face as I begin to calm down, but the worried look in his eyes does not drop.

"Are you good? I heard screaming so I kinda broke the door down, and I found you in here." West explains, pointing towards my now broken down door.

I blink at the splintered wood, wondering how a human broke through a thick wooden door with iron locks.

"Um, yeah. Sorry, I was just dreaming." I shake my head, my voice coming out raspy.

His caramel eyes soften, "Yeah I figured."

I rub a hand down my face, blowing out a puff of air.

My mate watches every move I make with furrowed brows.

"Damn, what happened to the door." Kody asks, stepping over the now broken wood.

He wears plaid pajama pants and a black t-shirt, his hair messy from sleep.

I roll my eyes, not wanting to explain it.

"Nothing. What do you want?" I question him.

He quirks a brow at how close West was standing to my tired form.

"Uh, I was just gonna tell you that the power is out in the south wing." Kody hides a smile, making me roll my eyes at my best friend.

"I'll take care of it." I grumble, standing up and cracking my aching back.

"Thanks." I shyly mutter to West, as I pass him and walk towards Kody with a tired look.

Kody raises his brow at me, to which I simply shake my head.