o n e

N O V A

I stood in front of the mirror as i looked my outfit over. (above) "Nova, don't you think that's a little much for school" Scott asked from the doorway. "Nope, not at all Scotty" i replied, teasing him with the nickname. "Nova somethings up. Just talk to me if somethings wrong, okay" Scott asked. "How can i do that if your only at home to sleep" i hissed, before shoving past him and going downstairs. 

"Nova, don't do this" Scott said as he followed me. I rolled my eyes. "Scott when we were kids we promised no secrets" i started, making him gulp at my anger. "so until you can live up to that and tell me the truth, stay the hell away from me" i said as Stiles came through the door. 

"Nova whats wrong" Stiles asked, looking between me and Scott. "ask him" i replied. I walked out and slammed the door behind me. My heels clicked against the sidewalk as Masons mom pulled up in my driveway. "need a lift" Mason asked from the passenger. I grinned before getting in the back. I got a look at Scott's tear stained face as we left. 

 ~

"Nova, you look stunning today" Mason said. "wow i'm shocked, i put like no effort in" i replied. "Mason, now you understand why i let Nova come over so much" Masons mom said as she pulled the car into the school parking lot. 

"Nova what happened between you and Scott" Mason asked as we walked across the parking lot. "he's keeping secrets Mason, you know how much i hate it when people keep secrets from me" i replied as we walked past Scott, Stiles, and the others. 

"Well then he's stupid. You two promised no secrets since you could talk. Scott should know better" Mason replied. "Obviously" i said as we got to the doors. "Nova Mccall. Beacon Hills new queen b" Mason said before i opened the doors and walked in, Mason next to me. 

I strutted down the hallway, making everyone stop, and stare at my new change of style. "NOVA MCCALL IS THE NEW QUEEN" people yelled as Mason and i got off the main hall. As i turned i saw a glimpse of a confused Scott and his friends walked in. 

"Step one is complete Nova" Mason said, grinning. "So, we move on to step two"i replied. "and i know exactly how to go about it" Mason said, smirk evident. "Mason, what do you have planned" i asked, to only gain a smile from said boy. 'oh god' i thought.