[]Chapter 4[]

"What the hell do they want?" I muttered to myself, diving into a bush again. This happened many times during the night, the muttering and the bush hiding. I was growing annoyed, but a strange part of me was enjoying this completely.

Once I was certain the car and plane had passed, I got back on my bike and continued driving down the desolate road. 

~<>~An Hour Later~<>~

I found a plane hangar and ditched my bike in the bushes. I couldn't fly planes, but I was damn sure it didn't take too much to learn. Besides, a plane might've just been a great idea. 

Well. They already want me captured. Let's give 'em another reason. I reasoned to myself. I searched the place until I found a small plane that looked pretty simple to control. It didn't look too much different than a video game I was great at, and assumed I could take care of myself with it.

To my surprise, the plane was ready to fly, no security, and there was a gun and some food in the back seat. Smiling, pleased with myself and my choice, I pressed a few buttons and continued grinning as the plane moved forward.

"Alright, so you've got it moving. Now to get it flying," I told myself, trying to keep my thoughts organized. This proved fairly easy, and in just a few minutes I was up in the air. 

I knew that my small bi-plane was no match for the S.H.I.E.L.D. jets, but I guessed I had a good chance at getting away. After all, they probably wouldn't expect me to be in the air. 

~<>~Several Hours Later~<>~

The plane was running out of fuel. I landed it, not so smoothly, on an empty road, not too far from a town. I flew it down the street as far as I could, then ran into town quickly to buy some fuel. It was quite funny, they actually sold gallons at the nearest gas station.

I bought twelve gallons, with the hundred dollars Tony gave me just a night ago. It hurt to think about it, like pricking your finger on a thorn, but I just ignored it and looked up to the T.V. screen instead.

"Just In: S.H.I.E.L.D. agencies are on the search for one young woman- Shania Marone. So far she has avoided capture using her motorcycle and a plane. We assume she is somewhere within the state of Tennessee. There is a three million dollar reward," the reporter announced, and a picture of me flashed on the screen.

Thankfully, my face was filled with grime so I was unrecognizable. Deciding taking chances wasn't a good idea, I hurried from the store and quickly filled up the plane, putting the extras in the back. I was shocked I meant so much to the Avengers, but I wasn't about to let them get me yet. 

"So I'm in Tennessee, huh?" I queried, and lifted the plane back into the air, thinking about where to go next. I had several missed calls, from Ashley, Natalia, Tara, and Stark. I listened to the voicemails.

From Ashley- "Whoa! You're all over the news! I have a feeling this is about that man you were with yesterday, and let me just tell you this: get back soon. I'm always willing to help out if you need it.". I was touched. 

From Natalia- "What's going on? I'm being questioned about you, and they keep asking if I know where you are. They offered me a reward if I told them, but I didn't know anything.".

From Tara- "I don't know what's happening, but good luck. I know you, and you wouldn't run for nothing. Stay safe, Shania. I'm here to help if you need it.".

Guess I knew who my true friends were. I looked back at my phone, and listened to the last one.

From Tony- "Shania, I know you're confused and I'm so sorry for this, but you need to turn yourself in. You're not in any trouble, we just need to talk to you about your powers. I personally promise you will be fine.".