<———— CUPID's LOVE STORY ————<<

"Can someone tell me what this quest is about now?" Taehyung asked. "We've been on this ship for five hours and no one's said anything to us." He frowned looking at Jin. Did he really expect his archenemy to talk to him after he basically just forced himself onto their boat? Jin internally scoffed but he couldn't deny the fact that he was purposely trying to avoid Taehyung more than usual.

Across the dinner table from Taehyung, Jimin sat picking out the walnuts from his muffin. From the short amount of time that Jin knew him, he could already tell that Jimin was a sweet sea nymph. "Yes, please? I'd like to know what exactly Taehyung just got me into."

On the left of Jin, Jungkook opened his mouth to respond but Namjoon was quick to interrupt. "We're visiting Jin's mom."

Jungkook stared at Namjoon with big eyes. 'We'll talk about this later,' Namjoon mouthed back. Jin squeezed Jungkook's thigh under the table to reassure him that everything would make sense soon. What they didn't realize though was that Taehyung had secretly caught the whole scene.

"Ah, Aphrodite. Does that mean we're going to her private island, Crastern?" Jimin asked. He picked at his mac and cheese dinner with his fork as he was not used to human food.

Jin's eyes widened. "You know what and where that is?"

Jimin nodded pushing his plate away. "Of course, I used to be one of the sea nymphs that did Aphrodite's hair on the island. It was good money until I got tired of organizing the twenty thousand shampoo bottles every day."

Namjoon beamed. "Great. Then you can help us find it."

Taehyung smiled too and Jin's heart did summersaults. It physically hurt him to know that just Taehyung's boxy smile now had that effect on him. Clearing his throat, Jin spoke up again.

"It's not going to be a direct route to Crastern, though," Jin explained to the two new additions to their quest. "Tomorrow we're stopping by Pesipeak forest to pick up our friend and rest for a bit. I hope that's okay with you guys. Jungkook, you're in charge of lookout tomorrow."

"Alright," Jungkook said continuing playing his game on his phone. "Oh man, I can't wait to see Yoongi again. You're becoming a sight for sore eyes, Jin." The brat. In annoyance, Jin hit Jungkook's neck.

"Sounds good. For now, we should get some shut-eye," Taehyung suggested. He pushed back his chair and got up, collecting his plates. Without Jin asking, Taehyung picked up his plate for him and headed to the kitchen sink. It was a mere act of common courtesy but it still left Jin's cheeks warm.

Everyone else nodded in agreement. Tomorrow was to be a long day so they needed all the sleep they could get. The rest collected their dishes and Jimin dumped his full plate into the trash. Coming back with a broom and dustpan, Jin caught Jungkook helping Jimin wipe the table. The two seemed to be on better terms since the whole coconut fiasco. When everyone came back, Namjoon announced the sleeping arrangements.

"Taehyung, you're getting the room next to Jin on the west wing. Jimin, yours is on the other side next to Jungkook's. Jin and Jungkook were brats when choosing their rooms and didn't feel like having rooms next to each other because they're idiots. If you guys need me, I'm in the room closest to the control room."

Jimin threw Taehyung a knowing sort of glance and Taehyung returned it with a smile. Jin blew out a breath. Somehow, he thought Namjoon purposely put Taehyung next to him. Was it to teach him a lesson? The only lesson Jin wanted to learn right now was that Taehyung snored in his sleep so he could use it against him.

"C'mon rival, let us go to our quaint sleeping quarters," Taehyung teased.

Jin rolled his eyes and then squeaked. Taehyung had swept him up bridal style and was now running to their rooms. Taehyung was daring, yes, but he wasn't this daring usually.

"What the heck are you doing?! I have legs, you know!"

Jimin and Jungkook's cackling could be heard in the background but they were drowned out by Taehyung's amazing laugh. Jin didn't know Taehyung could be so playful. Around Jin, Taehyung bore a cocky exterior but overall he was almost as mysterious as Hades. Maybe Jin was seeing a new side of him. A fun side, a refreshing side, and a strangely familiar side.

>> —————————–——————————–>

AN: Sorry to those of you who got tricked by my April Fool's prank. It was evil of me so I released this chapter a bit earlier. Forgive me, dear lovely readers! I hope this chapter made up for it. Thanks for reading as always! <3