XVI.

Ravenna narrowed her mascara heavy eyes from behind the tree. The sharp acrylics of her nails dug into the birchwood.

There she was. There was Aphrodite sitting on the park bench being her usual pompous self. She was powdering her face in a hand mirror with not a care in the world. It was as if she didn't tear apart Ravenna's life piece by piece.

The night sorceress gritted her teeth at the very sight of the goddess. Images of ways she could get revenge over her rolled through her head. All she needed was more power.

In the middle of her silent fury, something else caught Ravenna's attention. Two little kid figures had dashed into her sight. They were so close to the tree she was hiding behind that she was afraid they would notice her. But the children were too focused on playing with each other to care about anything else.

Ravenna examined them. They weren't just any other kids. The golden aura that radiated off them showed that they were of some godly rank. The one with the boxy smile was no doubt Apollo's son. That was for sure. The child destined to have the future responsibility of spreading plagues to cities. His name was Taehyung, if Ravenna remembered correctly.

The sorceress didn't care much for Apollo's legacy so she focused her attention onto the other child. Ravenna nearly gasped. Cupid. The infamous future god of spreading love, Aphrodite's little legacy, and the current talk of the town. It seemed Aphrodite had brought her little son to the park today.

Ravenna continued to watch the two kids play. The obvious affection for each other in their eyes was plain to see. These kids were already victims of true love as it seemed. A bitter taste quickly entered Ravenna's mouth as she clenched her fist. If she couldn't be happy with her love, why did the son of Aphrodite deserve to be?

But, hmm... A new idea entered Ravenna's mind. Soon a wicked grin spread across her glossed lips as well. Maybe there was a quicker way of obtaining power. And along the way destroying a little true love.

<———— CUPID's LOVE STORY ————<<

Jin woke up from a sweet dream in Taehyung's arms. He was in complete bliss. The kiss last night had left him walking on air...Well, kisses, plural.

As if it wasn't enough that they had their first kiss that night, on the way back to the campsite, Taehyung had snuck in some quick pecks to Jin's lips. He did it in the darkness of the woods so that the others wouldn't see. And after they took out their blankets in the tent, Taehyung initiated one steamy kiss that Jin had to separate before Taehyung's hands wandered up his shirt. And lastly, after they had settled on top of the sleeping bags, they shared a sweet goodnight kiss before drifting off to sleep. Their lips just were meant to be connected.

Jin smiled goofily at the still sleeping Taehyung. He never would have thought that he could be this happy in his life. The person who once seemed to make his life miserable was now the cause of all his sunny days.

Jin placed another kiss on Taehyung's lips, marveling at the electrifying feeling he could never grow tired of. It was just too addicting. Jin smiled with his now electrified lips and got up. He had a plan. He had already made up his mind last night that he was going to tell Namjoon to cancel the quest. Even if they had made a lot of progress and were quite close to Aphrodite, he was sure Namjoon would understand.

Even if this wasn't the way Jin wanted to fall in love, by the point of an arrow, he'd take it. Because Taehyung genuinely seemed to love him back. And genuine love was rare to come across. Rubbing his bandaid covering the arrow prick that started this all, Jin exited the tent.