VII.

Oh my god.

Jin gulped. Now his ham sandwich really threatened to escape. How the heck was he supposed to explain to his rival that the whole reason they were on a quest in the first place was to get rid of Jin's feelings for said rival?! How was he to explain they were going to Aphrodite for the serum to cure him?

Taehyung's eyes singled Jin out purposely. His chocolate eyes posed a mischievous challenge and for a second, Jin found himself stuck in a staring contest. For Taehyung, it was amusing. For Jin, it was sickening torture. It took Jungkook bumping his arm to knock him out of his temporary trance. Embarrassed, Jin cleared his throat. Taehyung smirked.

"So? Will you let us join your quest?"

Jin opened his mouth to answer but nothing came out. He licked his dry lips, trying to find words. It didn't help that Taehyung's intense stare caused Jin's heart rate to skyrocket. His face no doubt held a darker shade of pink from the staring session. Stupid arrows and stupid feelings and stupid Taehyung. Jin opened his mouth to try again but was immediately cut off.

"Of course, you guys can join us! As long as I get to keep the coconuts!" Jungkook answered, impatient with Jin's lack of response.

"Wonderful!" Taehyung smiled. He and Jimin shared a knowing look. Namjoon, who was silent through the entire ordeal, stared wide-eyed at Jin. His new pet crabs looked distressed resting on his shoulder as they could sense the uneasiness of their new owner. Namjoon must've been thinking the same thing as Jin but the god was too busy glaring daggers at Jungkook who had five seconds to run before he met a "tragic" death.

<———— CUPID's LOVE STORY ————<<

"How the heck are we supposed to hide the fact that we're trying to get rid of your feelings for i?" Namjoon demanded. He crossed his arms across his chest while looking at Jin expectantly. The sight of an angry Namjoon was unusual for Jin when his demigod friend was usually calm. Jin couldn't blame him. He only wanted to help his friend and now everything was in danger of screwing up.

"We don't have to tell him!" Jin whispered, trying to keep his voice low in case one of the others heard their conversation. Sneakily, he peeked his head out of the control room door to check on the other ship passengers. Taehyung and Jimin were whispering among themselves near the railing, their heads ducked and hands gesturing to prove points. On the contrary, Jungkook, who chose to remain blissfully ignorant, sipped his new coconut drink as he lounged on his beach chair.

"We can just...you know, lie," Jin said, turning back to Namjoon. It was far from the best answer but it was all Jin had. And all Jin had was unwanted feelings and a vulnerable heart guiding him.

"And what would we lie?" Namjoon stared at Jin like he was crazy.

"Say I'm just visiting my mom."

"And how long do you think you can keep this lie up?"

"Hopefully for as long as this quest lasts." Jin bit his lip. He knew it was farfetched and would never work out but he had to at least try. Namjoon was smart and a good friend. He wouldn't let Jin fall alone.

Namjoon studied Jin. "I think you should tell him," he pleaded. "I think this isn't the arrows doing, Jin."

"I can't," Jin breathed out desperately. "And if this isn't the arrows doing? What then? These feelings are better off gone. He's...he's a good guy Namjoon. As much trash as I talk, he doesn't deserve this, this mess." Jin gestured to himself. "He deserves someone who will love him fully with all of their heart."

Namjoon wouldn't meet Jin's eyes now. Guilt welled up in Jin's chest. Making his friend lie for the sake of his feelings was so wrong and he knew it. Jin thought Namjoon was about to walk out on him but instead, he grabbed Jin's shoulders and pulled him into a hug.