1

Ever since elementary school, he had been constantly moving from one place to another due to his parent's work. It was always the same formula- enroll in a new school, introduce himself, make a few friends, then move after a few months later. There was never a time he had finished one whole school year without having to get enrolled to another before the second semester starts.

He was sick of it. Utterly tired of having to constantly move, try and make new friends, only to never see their faces once he'd pack his bags and leave. And to do that all over again once he steps into a different school- he just had enough.

He couldn't really blame his parents. With their job, they were always in and out of the house, always on the go no matter which place they move in to. And even if (Y/N) had suggested letting him live in a dorm, by their words, they simply "can't live throughout the day seeing their adorable son".

As jf.

But fates seemed to take pity on his tired heart when they moved to a small city in Japan. With how his parents actually took the time to unpack their bags and boxes, it seemed like it'll take awhile before they'd move again.

The news was obviously great. At least now he could properly experience the school life he wanted without having to worry about his social life.

A new start.

Today was his first day at Yashimoto High, a school that was one train away from where they currently lived at. It was a decent school with a kind principal. Having been through countless of different schools, he wasn't easily fazed by the new environment, rather he felt excited from it all.

His mother had insisted on driving him to school as she too was going to her new workplace, but he heavily declined and told her he would be fine. It was a simple 20 minute walk to the train station. Another 20 once he got in and ride to the next stop. It wouldn't take long before he'd arrive the school gates from the station. Convenient the place they rented was.

And well, he's not exactly fond of the idea of having to be dropped off at his age. He loved her, truly, but he'd rather not have her smother kisses on his face before he leaves the car.

After some more convincing, she finally let him go after one last kiss on the cheek and reminded him to come home early. (Y/N) rolled his eyes, but smiled and promised. As he closed their apartment's doors behind him, he quickly looked down on his watch to check the time, the smile on his face turned sour as he turned his heels and dashed.

           Barely making inside the train, (Y/N) grasped the metal pole as doors closed behind him, panting on his knees as he tried to catch his breath. He mentally cheered at himself for making it just in time. He'd have to wait another 20 minutes or so for the next one, and being fashionably late isn't the first impression he wanted to leave.

Calming down a bit, (Y/N) stood straight and patted his chest, taking im few more deep breaths. It was only then he noticed the male in front with the same school uniform, staring at him blankly. (Y/N)'s brain seemed to lag as he too stared back, only to realize how rude he must've looked and lowered his head to quietly apologize. He was short, two or more inches from his nose. He had fair skin and short black hair, but what made him intrigued was the color of his eyes. It looked as black as the night sky, yet the moment the light hits him it shines brightly like a newly found pearl--

Perhaps he was exaggerating a bit.

Hayato watched the man's expressions change rapidly. From surprise, to awe, then embarrassment- his face scrunching up ever so often. It was rather... Silly, to say the least, but to give him face he decided to gaze at the window instead, prentending to ignore the student he hadn't seen before.

What an odd guy.