Chapter Thirty-One

Of course they're late... I thought as I stood with my black gloved hands behind my back. My feet were shoulder-width apart, and my back was straightened to perfection. My head was tilted up just enough to give off an aura of power, but not so much as to make me seem overconfident and cocky.

My black, sleeveless turtleneck fit my body perfectly, and my black shorts went just past my knees. My black headband was around my forehead - the proper place for it to be. I lacked my usual arm and leg warmers and training weights, but that was part of the plan. I wasn't supposed to wear of carry anything that would add unnecessary weight.

I still had my tantō on my back, along with its sheath. My kunai holster was on my right thigh as usual, and my ninja pouch was filled with different seals, wire strings, and weapons. I even brought along my sealing scroll in case everything went to shit as it most definitely was going to on this day.

I pushed all of those negative thoughts aside as I glanced at the people that were to my right.

Uzumaki-kun was at my immediate right. Down the line, it then went Shikamaru-san, Shino-san, and Dosu. To my left, it went Neji, Gaara, Kankuro, and Temari. The missing asshole with the teacher that was famous for being a late douchebag was, as you may have already guessed, Uchiha "Duckass" Sasuke.

In front of me stood the shinobi that I had picked out of the crowd about a month ago with a senbon hanging from his lips. In case you forgot, he was the guy who had burst out laughing upon me announcing that Kakashi-sensei was a porn-reading asshole.

"So, on a scale of minor inconvenience to the end of the world, how bad do you think today will turn out?" I asked Uzumaki-kun.

"Hah! This day isn't going to be bad at all! I'm going to kick ass!" The blonde idiot declared.

"Shikamaru-san?" I questioned as I looked at the member of the Nara clan.

"It'll be super troublesome," he answered while giving off an aura that practically screamed, "I'm only here because my mother made me."

"Shino-san?" I asked as I looked towards the last Konoha rookie.

"It could be worse," he answered shortly.

I turned to Neji, who had narrowed his eyes at nothing in particular. "And what about you?"

"What will happen here is simply destiny. It's undefiable," he answered, spouting out his fate bullcrap again.

I gave a small hum before looking ahead. "I'll settle with nice battle royale that will end with a dumpster-fire of disasters unlike any other."

"...You're not betting, are you?" Uzumaki-kun asked warily. Yes folks, he finally understood my ungodly abilities of prediction.

"I'm not betting on anything but matches today." A shit-eating grin suddenly took over my lips as I looked down at the blonde. "Speaking of which, how much do you want to bet Duckass will only show up a millisecond before he's declared too late to qualify?"

The whiskered boy looked up as me with narrowed eyes. "So basically, Kakashi-sensei will be that late to the finals?"

I pouted at the kid. "Hey, come on. I was going to collect actual money off of that bet."

"Didn't Kakashi-sensei-"

"He's not going to know because you're not going to tell him," I stated as I glared down at him, a shadow crossing my face as it does with Tenzō-taichō.

The boy released a small shriek and jumped away from me. "H-hey! That was scary! What the heck, Haruno-kun?"

"I don't like to rule through fear, but I will do it if necessary," I replied as I maintained eye-contact.