Twelve: Hart Pain

The car ride back from the party was torture

My fists twitched in frustration, needing to hit something to take out all of this pent up anger.

I can't believe the man I'm looking for is that sorry excuse for a human, Dominic Wright.

I want to scream and hit and scream and hit.
And that's exactly what I plan on doing.

The second the car stops out the front of the hotel I'm slipping out the door and speed walking to my room.

Once inside I peel off my suit, change into my gym pants and walk as fast as my legs will take me to the gym.

I don't bother wrapping my knuckles, I want to feel the pain in a place other than my heart, even if it's just for an hour.

My plan worked and for one short hour, the pain of the punching bag ripping at my knuckles overshadows any other pain within my body

My muscles are feeling it now too, they're tight and stiff and as much as this hot shower is helping it, I can't stay in here all night, not without turning into a prune.

I turn the shower off, wrap a towel around my body and step out into the cooler air of the bathroom, the change in temperature causing goosebumps to prick.

Pushing open the door I walk towards my suitcase when I knock on the door interrupts me.
Changing course I head straight for the door and swing it open. Stupid, I know- I'm in a towel and I didn't even bother to check who it was.

But the sight in front of me is certainly a pleasant one.
A smiling Summer stands at the threshold of my door, hair pulled back into a messy ponytail, legs wrapped in comfortable trackies and a loose fitting NOFX T-shirt.
Comfortable Summer is just as, if not more beautiful than dolled up Summer.

"Can I come in?" She questions, waiting for my answer before walking in.
Her eyes look everywhere but me and I remember that I'm still in a towel.
Another reason to be happy that I work out.

I move to the side, creating room for her to pass and gesturing for her to come in.

"What do I owe the pleasure?" I shut the door behind us.