My Uncle Hazzy

Not wanting to stress Liam with moving from one school to another due to their tours, Louis decided to home school him with the help of his friends. They tried it for less than a month, and to say that teaching the little boy was really fun would be an understatement. The 'classes' were always filled with Liam's giggles, silly mistakes that were too funny not to laugh at, and his adorable concentrated expression.

Zayn, Louis, and Liam were in the movie room, where they used the blackboard wall for their English class. The only one actually interested was Zayn, though. Louis was just bored and decided to join his son. Instead of showing some respect to the teacher and being a good example for the kid, he was sitting cross-legged on the floor and chuckling at the boy's actions. And Liam was attentively drawing a picture with the chalk in his hand that was meant for turning the present tenses of the verbs into past simple. Zayn couldn't decide which one bothered him more.

- Li, pay attention, please. Li? Liam? Liam James? Tommo junior?

Louis' smile grew a hundred levels bigger at the last nickname. But Liam didn't even tilt his head a little. Louis ruffled his hair and stood up, heading upstairs.

- Bruce Wayne? - Zayn tried.

This time it worked and Liam looked up at him, giggling at the way he called him. Then, he turned back to the wall, waiting for Zayn to get closer to his side.

- Look, Uncle Zaynie! This is us. - Liam grinned and pointed at the picture. - This is Uncle Ni. - He explained, showing the cute human figure with a guitar. - This is Uncle Hazzy. - He continued and introduced the tall body with curly hair and a little heart on the top of the hat. - This is you and these are me and daddy. - He concluded with the two strong and smiling figures with a small curly one in the middle.

- Very well done, baby! Now let's continue with past simple, ok? - Zayn smiled down at the boy.

That was no use, as Liam was back to drawing, not listening what his uncle said. He started adding stripes to Niall's sweater and hurt Zayn's ears with the annoying scratching sound.

- Liam! Take your notebook, we're going to the library. - Zayn ordered sternly.

- Why? - Liam asked, confused.

Zayn, who was already on his feet, pulled his nephew up, and helped him gather his things.

- So you'll learn something instead of covering the entire wall with chalk. - He said while dragging Liam to the library.

Once they were inside the modern room, he closed the door and sat down in his favorite spot with Liam right next to him.

- Ok. Let's continue. So, can you repeat the past tense of 'to do'? - He asked slowly and gave Liam some time to think.

- To did? - Liam's small voice made Zayn's mission not to laugh even more difficult. But he needed to seem serious.

- Not 'to did', Li. Did. I did. You did. He did. And son on. What about 'to have'?

- Has? No, no, no. Had! - He quickly corrected his mistake.

- There you go! Good job! - Zayn praised him proudly. - Now, let's learn some new irre-

Before Zayn could start talking about the terrible monsters called irregular verbs, Louis entered the library.

- Boys, we have a guest! - He exclaimed and ran back to the other two men upstairs.

- Yaaay! - Liam squeeked and threw his hands in the air.

- Nice try. We're staying here. - Zayn told him. Not that he enjoyed torturing the six-year-old child with grammar, but he wasn't in the mood of meeting a new person. He never was.