The Godfather

It's been a week since Louis' surprise. Now he was ready for another one.
The week flew by with the lads playing with Liam, watching cartoons, and daydreaming about their future plans with the baby.
Harry offered to move into Niall's room and make his own a nursery. But Louis insisted on keeping Liam in his own room. He found out that Liam felt safer when he heard his father's voice and felt his scent. Louis' vocal exercises turned into lullabies and he was the only one that was able to put the baby to sleep.
Now, he was in his bad, while Harry was feeding Liam his breakfast. Louis was still in his pajamas, cuddled into the duvet, wining once in a while desperate for attention. But Liam had all of the attention and none of the lads have noticed Louis' absence yet. Well, except for Liam himself. He still couldn't talk, so he just started stirring and trying to move away from uncle Hazza's lap. That's when Zayn noticed that Louis was still upstairs. He stood up, after kissing Liam's temple to calm him and silently saying 'I got this', and went to Louis room.
-Zaaaayn, I feel awfuuul.
-Are you feeling under the weather, mate?
-I feel worse, - Louis groaned.
-I'll go inform the others. We'll take care of you, don't worry.
That's what Louis wanted to hear. But he needed Zayn in his room.
-Can you stay here now, please?
Zayn sat on the edge of the bed hesitantly.
Louis started his speech:
-I felt ill since I woke up and then it hit me. What if something happens to me? What if I feel worse day by day. Then you will take me to the hospital and find out I have some kind of cancer or something. Or, what if I die in a car accident. I end up in coma and never wake up. Not that I care about my life that much. But what will happen to Li? He can't grow up without a father, you know. And there are other things. Even if everything is fine with me, how can I be sure if I will be a good parent. What if he grows up and becomes a spoiled brat, becomes rude, and then becomes a criminal, because of my stupid decisions? What if he gets bullied because he doesn't have a mom? What if-
-Woah, woah! You're just feeling a little sick, mate. No need to be this overdramatic. You're just tired. I am not even gonna discuss the stupid "what if I die" part. Like how did you even get to that? And Liam becoming a bad person? Lou, Liam receiving a Hogwarts letter is much more realistic than that 'spoiled brat' crap. Don't you dare think that way about my nephew! I don't care if you are his dad, but talk about him like that once again, and you will be dead! Hey, that rhymed. And, finally, Lou, he may not have a mom, but he has uncles and a hell of a father. That kid is going to be nothing but loved, I promise. Please, just stop overreacting.
-Zayn, I am not overreacting. We don't know what the future holds for us. There are a lot of dangerous things outside. Hell, there are a lot of dangerous things inside as well. Niall once was this close to cutting my throat with the kitchen knife. I didn't think about all of this before, cause we die when we die. But now I am responsible for another life. A new one and the most valuable one for me. I can't ignore the possibilities.
-Lou, I think you just have the fever and you don't understand what you're talking about. Just to end this bullshit, I will tell you one thing. If something happens to you, which will not, Liam has me. I promised him to take care of him and I can promise you the same thing. But, that's it. I am going downstairs and I am coming back with a thermometer, cause I would not be surprised if you started hallucinating later.
With that Zayn was about to walk out of the door.
-I guess I'll ask Harry to be The Godfather then,- Louis said with a dramatic sigh.
-Yes, exactly. I'll ask Harry to bring the - WAIT, WHAT?!
-Tadaaam, - Louis exclaimed, jumping out of the bed. - You won the trial, Zayn, and won the title.
-Wait! You were faking the whole thing? Aren't you feeling sick?
-Nope, never have been better.
-You aren't joking, Lou? You want me to be Liam's godfather?- Zayn asked with his already teary eyes. Godson is so much more than a nephew. He was going to be his favorite child's guardian angel.
-Yes, Zee. I trust you. I mean Harry and Niall are good uncles too. But, I see how extra-caring you are with Li. He feels the most comfortable with you when I am not around. Just wanted to hear you say 'I will take care of him' aloud, even if I know that you will.
Zayn attacked Louis with a tight hug, whispering 'thank you'-s and 'I love you'-s.
They went out of the room and Louis said.
-Now you will see what overreacting really is.
-Harry will not talk to me for a year and I bet, Nialler will kill me in the sleep.
-Sorry, bro. But before your dramatic death, both of them will bombard my ears and yell at me.
Zayn sighed. For two reasons. The other two would definitely start a lecture about why they should have been in his place. And the other, the one that was the most important thing for him from now on, he was going to become the Godfather.