Chapter 10 {The Tournament (1)}

Word Count: 2212

Date: 3/31/19

The New Year's Tournament, a chance for inmates and Guards to show off their skills. However, that is not the only reason to participate, they also have the chance to receive the gift of a lifetime, but they actually have to win first to receive their prize.

In Nanba's arena, inmates from all the buildings stood in their section, most eager to learn of what events would be taking place. In the front of the crowd stood building thirteen, inmates and guards being present, however they still lack a member of their "team". In the front of the arena sat the center stage, where the warden would reside and watch over the tournament, with calculating eyes. Near the warden stood Kenishirou Yozakura or rather known but the other building supervisor's as "Dog". In his hand stood a single paper, listing the participants if this year's competition. "I will announce the participants selected to represent each building" his voice dull, as he spoke, keeping his intimidating and guard like manner. Cherry blossoms dance around him as he speaks.

"What does he mean by participants?" Jyugo leans towards his group of friends, asking the question that all lingers in their mind. "The New Year's Tournament is an event in which inmates and officers from each building are formed into teams", Hajime says, answering the inmate's question in a nonchalant voice. Seitarou cuts into the conversation, giving a wider definition of the event to cell thirteen. "Which ever team manages to win this tournament will be rewarded with a nifty little prize", the blueberry says, his voice full of excitement as he does so. "We guards are rewarded a pay check bonus, whereas will be able to select any single item of their choosing each victorious inmate", Yamato adds to the two other guards' explanation and this definitely catches male inmates' attention. The instantly are at Hajime's side, begging him to let them compete. "Dammit Yamato why did you have to go and tell them" Hajime says, wearing a very pissed expression. "Umm I should mention that the warden gets to choose the participants", Seitarou informs them, the background around him twinkling with light as an innocent smile rests on his face.

"Representing building thirteen we have cell thirteen", Kenshirou voice once again enters their ears. "How is that fair?!" Hajime and Seitarou shout at the same time, one in panic and the other in anger. Upon the top of the center stage, the warden stands straight, a blush resting on her face. I can't wait to see how he deals with this. She thinks.

~Taking a small skip in time so we get to see Sakura~

The stadium is filed full of inmates, however two are not present. "Amazing" Rocks says, watching Uno take down the two inmates from Building 3. Looking to his side however, he notices the absence of a certain green-haired male. "Hey, Nico", the muscular man says, checking around him to see if he could spot his friend "where did he run off to, the bathroom?"

"That was close I nearly forgot", the missing green-haired male says, rummaging through the brown paper bag in his hand. "The doctor would get really mad if I forget to take my medicine, I wonder what flavor it will be in today?" Nico says to himself, walking through the hallways to the tournament currently going on. "Hopefully a jellybean flavor, you seem to love them so much", a voice says from behind Nico, startling the poor boy and causing him to drop his bag full of medicine. "I see you haven't changed, still clumsily as ever" the voice speaks again. Nico turns to look behind him and is met with the face he was longing to see. His heart begins to beat faster, and he instantly jumps towards the inmate.Instantly forgetting about the medicine that lays a mess all over the concrete floor. "Sakura!!!!!!!!!!"

"Hey, hey, I'm glad to see you too, but get off of me", the tsundere girl shouts at the boy hugging her, throwing a punch to his cheek causing to fly across the hallway, into the concrete wall. "You know I am not a fan of physical contact", the pink-haired girl says with a huff, crossing her bandaged arms. Nico rubs his head, looking up to the female that stood across the hallway from him. Picking himself off of the imprint of his body in the concrete, Nico walks towards the girl, not angry at all with her punching him. Instead a large smile is on his face, and his eyes twinkle with happiness. "Glad to see your alright, I missed you Sakura", Nico says cheerfully. "Of course, I am alright, I would be weak if I had let simple injuries put me down", she says with a glare, trying to make it seem like she is tough and angry, but the hint of a smile on her lips tells Nico otherwise.