Chapter 13: That One Night

Start from the beginning

Clementine lets out a sigh of relief as Ruby smirks. "Are ya'll together?"

Clem's breathing hitches. "Umm..."

"You can tell me, y'know. I won't go 'round telling people."

"Well, yeah."

"Oh, well, ya'll have my blessing." Ruby joked while walking away, causing Clem to laugh.

_____

It had been about a week since the day the raiders came. Louis was finally healed, and everyone was planning on how to rescue their friends. Everyone was asking Clem the questions, mostly because she had been there before, which was stressing Clem out a lot. She was always on edge, and would recently exclude herself from everyone else.

"Clem! Just tell us!" Mitch tempted her, raising his voice louder and louder. Clementine had had enough.

"Mitch, can you shut your fucking mouth for once! I told you, that's all I know!"

"No, it's not! You've been there before, just tell us the fucking truth!"

"I AM!" Tears starting welling up in Clem's eyes.

"Why can't you just tell us! Why? Is it because Lee told you not to!?"

"I told you not to fucking talk about him!" Clementine's anger was through the roof now. She pushed Mitch to the ground, causing him to hit his head on it. He looked up at her in disgust.

Clementine soon realized what she just did and ran off into the dorms. Voices echoed behind her. She didn't go back after that.

_____

It was the middle of the night, probably 2:00 AM when Clementine couldn't sleep. She felt terrible. Only one thing could make her feel better.

Clementine quickly but quietly walked outside of her room and tiptoed upstairs only to see more doors. She tried her best to not make one single sound. But when she did make one, she cringed and kept on going. 

Clem finally made it to Louis' dorm when she knocked on the door, quiet enough for only him to hear. The door opened to reveal a shirtless, groggy, Louis. His face instantly lit up as soon as he saw Clementine.

"What's up, darling?" He said, enthusiastically.

"Can I stay with you tonight?"

Louis nodded in approval. Clementine walks inside and looks around. She couldn't help but feel jealous of Louis' room. He had a double bed in the middle of his room and music posters plastered on his walls. She sat down on his bed, still looking down at the floor. Louis noticed this.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

Clementine just shrugged.

"Is it about earlier?"

Clementine shrugs again, not wanting to speak.

"C'mon, you can talk to me." Louis takes Clementine's hand and kisses it. She chuckles and pulls it away.

"I'm just sick and tired of people pressuring me to tell them about what happened at the raider's camp. I told them everything and-- they just won't listen."

Louis stayed silent.

"Not to mention, I'm just killing or hurting everyone here. I got Minnie, Violet, and Omar kidnapped, I got you hurt, and I got Aasim killed. I--I just don't know what to do."

"Clem, you did nothing. Everything that happened was because of the raiders. You are not to blame."

"But none of this would've ever happened if I didn't make you guys fight."