[18]

G E N E S I S

G E N E S I S

School is about to over and it's time for us to pick our colleges. It has been two months since Kyle and I are in a relationship, still, no one knows about us. All I know is that I'm scared about college because I know that Kyle will leave to Utah and I don't even know what I want to do with my life.

"You always order the same thing! Try something new." D'angelo suggests and I deny with my head.

"No way man, I only drink this." I defend myself and my vanilla latte. He laughs softly while drinking his hot chocolate. "Have you decided any college yet?" I ask.

"I think Ohio State, you?" He replies.

"I have no idea, but Ohio is one of my options too." I sigh. "Aren't you scared of it?"

"No, I'm more like, ready for it!" He flashes a smile.

"I wish I could relate," I whine. "It's like I want to leave home but at the same time, I'm scared to be lonely somewhere else," I explain.

"Are you gonna miss me?" He smirks.

"Of course!" I reply.

"Remember, F=friends come and go but best friends will always find a way back." He comments and I nod.

"Since when are we best friends?" I joke and rolls his eyes.

"Have you talked to Devin again?" He questions me shyly.

"No, not because I don't want to I just haven't seen him again. Why?" I wonder and he shrugs.

"Nothing special." He suspires. "Are you gonna miss Kyle?"

I laugh nervously. "No, why would I miss him? I mean, yes, I'm gonna miss him but the same way I'm gonna miss the rest of the guys!" I quickly say and he chuckles.

"Genesis, I know you two are a thing." He raises one eyebrow.

"We are not!" I lie.

"Please girl, I am a lot of things but not stupid." He replies annoyed. 

I sigh and nod with my head. "Yes, we are a thing but please don't say anything," I beg him.

"Don't worry, everything is safe with me." He responds. "I just need to know something."

"Sure, whatever," I say.

"Are you really in love with him? Or are you in love with the idea of being loved?" His question takes me by surprise. 

"I have no idea what to say." I honestly admit. 

"That is the answer I needed." He smiles softly.

"D'Angelo, may I ask you something now?" I nervously lay out and he nods confused. "Do you have feelings for me?"

He takes a deep breath and looks at his hands. "I don't know." He flashes a wack smile. "I admire you a lot and I love being beside you, I love listening to your dramas, to your stories, your reflections. I find you perfect, I find you beautiful like I don't know I would do anything for you but I'm still not sure if I have feelings for you or I just love being beside you, as a friend." He explains and I'm sitting here in shock.