[2]

G E N E S I S

'I've been down so long it looks like up to me
They look up to me
I got fake people showin' fake love to me
Straight up to my face, straight up to my face
I've been down so long it looks like up to me
They look up to me
I got fake people showin' fake love to me
Straight up to my face, straight up to my face'

Fake Love by Drake is bumping on my headphones as the history teaching is talking. All I want to do is sleep. I don't care about this class, I don't care about school at all. I have good grades, it's not like I suck, I hate studying and shit like that but I'll do it anyway because I want a good future, I just don't pay attention in class and that's it.

Someone taps my shoulder, I take one of my headphones off as I turn around to see a light skin boy with a smile on his face. "Hey, the teacher just paired us."

"Um, okay. What's your name?"He looks at confused, I guess he is another popular boy who thinks the whole school knows him. "Excuse me, I didn't catch your name." I insist.

"I'm Josh."

"Well, Josh give me the copy, we split the work and you won't have to talk to me again."

"What? No, hey, I'm not that type of guy. I want to work too. Just tell me when you are free and we'll do it together."

Wow, I finally found someone who wants to work too. "Fine, Josh. Just meet me after school at the library."

"I can't, I have a game today." He says.

"Do you play basketball? Aren't you a bit short?"I say jokingly.

He looks kinda pissed at my comment. "I was joking, chill."

"It's fine, I get that often. Anyways, you can meet me after the game at the door of the gym."

"Fine by me," I say getting up. "See you, Josh." I leave the class and go straight to the library. I have 2 more classes today, I'm probably gonna stay here reading a book and then watch the game. I choose to put an alarm and sleep until the game.

❥ ❥ ❥

I turn my alarm off and stand up, the library is about to close I should get out of here fast. I make my way to the court, I already hear the music and people talking, ugh there is going to be a ton of people my anxiety will attack. I enter the place, this is my first time ever seeing a game so I don't know where to sit, I'll just go to the back as always. The boys are practicing, I see Lonzo, Josh, Kuzma and a bunch of tall boys, I don't know their names but some of them are really hot. Josh sees me and waves at me. Why is he being nice? I wave back just to be polite and then Kyle looks at my direction too and smiles. I want to get out of here.