Chapter 20

I felt the cold water embrace my whole body. I took a few seconds too look around. The pool was actually.... pretty. Not long, I tired to fight my up to the surface. I kicked around, and swung my arms around trying to come up for a least a breath of air.  I was reliving it. That moment about eight years ago. I wanted to cry as the thoughts of both the water right now and back then haunted me. I couldn't couldn't believe this was happening to me again. Again. Chlorinated water filled my throat, and I had to swallow it in order to breathe. I coughed hard. And when I had those few seconds to spare for breath, I didn't call for Gabriel. I didn't call for Raphael. I didn't call for Dad. With all my strength, and every source of power I had left... I screamed: "DEAN!"

It wasn't long after that when my body finally gave out. Not once did Lucifer tried to jump in after me. I don't even think he was still in the room. I fell slowly to the bottom of the pool. The last thing my eyes saw, was the locket. It was open; and I saw the picture of Dean and I. You can say it's impossible all you want, but I felt my warm tears forming under the water. To just save myself from anymore pain, I coughed out the last bit of breath I had left. And my eyes began to lose focus. Before I knew it, just like that day, everything went black.

"Cas!" I heard my name.

How is that possible? I thought I was...

"Cas!" I heard my name again. I tried to speak, but all that came out was water. I coughed up a lot. "Oh god! Thank god! You're okay!" I opened my eyes and rubbed them. I looked up to green eyes.

"Dean...?" I coughed, gasping lightly for air.

"Yeah." He chuckled hysterically. "Yeah Baby. It's me." I could feel his hand on my cheek, brushing the water off my face with his thumbs.

"You came back for me...?" I whispered, my chest hurting, and my nose clogged. He scoffed.

"Castiel.... I love you." He replied, smiling at me. Tears fell from my eyes as I coughed a smile. "What the hell we're you thinking jumping off the diving board?"

"Lucifer..." I stared, swallowing hard, stammering. "He grabbed my necklace.... and dangled it over the board...."

"What?" He huffed. "What necklace...?" I opened up my hand to reveal the chain and locket.

"My Christmas present..." I coughed again. He grabbed it from my hand and stared at it.

"You still have it...?" He looked up to me, his green eyes beginning to water.

I nodded.

"No matter how hard I tried Dean..." I cried. "You were so hard to forget..." I forced a chuckle. Tears fell from his eyes. The first time I hear or see him cry. "I love you Dean..."  He smiled and sat me up to hug me. He held me tight, and with love. I missed them, I missed them so much. His warmth, his smell, his body. I hugged him back, burying my face in his shirtless chest. He pulled back.

"I'm so glad I came out when I did... I was going to jump in the pool first before everyone else."  He stroked my damp hair. "I could have lost you."

"It was all Lucifer's fault..."

"I know."  He looked to the side, gritting his teeth. "I'm going to beat the shit out of that son of a bitch." He muttered under his breath.

"Dean, please... Don't cause anymore attention." I asked, my voice soft.

"He almost killed you!" He raised his voice.

"But you saved me..."

"And if I wasn't here?" He locked eyes with me. I stared into both of them. He was holding onto me tightly, his hands gripping my arms.