Ten - One More Night.

“Close your eyes.” He whispered sweetly into my ear, his hot breath tickling the back of my neck.

“Your hands are over my eyes! I can’t see Liam.” I argued back at him, the smile clear in my voice.

Liam told me to get dressed up, but not too dressed up if that makes any sense at all. He was taking me out for dinner, just like he promised. I’m wearing a cute red dress with black polka dots. My frilly socks and black vans, he told me not to wear heels. My hair is pushed all over to one side, curling perfectly down my right shoulder, reaching just above my hip bone. Liam is looking handsome in his denim skinny jeans and blue and white plaid dress shirt, the top button done up and his sleeves rolled, just like the way Harry does it.

All I knew is that we were walking through a cornfield, I could feel the corn scratching up against the bare skin on my legs, hearing the way it ruffled through the wind. Liam insisted I was blind folded the whole way there.

I’m walking forwards, my hands out in front of me like I’m some kind of zombie, my eyes closed with the blindfold still on and Liam's big hands resting on top on the blind fold, walking slowly behind me.

“Are we there yet?” I wined like a three year old, getting impatient with all the waiting.

“Not yet.” He breathed against my skin, making the goosebumps to erupt on my bare arms and legs.

We took a few more steps forwards until Liam pulled me back, steadying me on my feet. He took his hands from over my eyes.

“Keep your eyes closed until I tell you too, love.” He whispered again, kissing my cheek.

He untied the blindfold and I felt the straps loosen and it fall around my neck. I didn’t dare peak.

“Open.” He breathed against my neck, again.

I opened my eyes and I felt my mouth drop into a perfect ‘o’

In front of me was a picnic blanket, food neatly scattered across it, candles in the middle. The trees surrounding the blanket were covered with lanterns, lighting up everything. 

It was perfect.

He was perfect.

“Do you like it?” He breathed against my neck.

I turned around so I was facing the brown eyed boy, a slight smirk framed his lips and I was smiling like a complete and utter idiot.

“No.” I paused and watched as his faced dropped. “I love it.” I finished. 

I kissed him passionately, cracking the silence of our lips.

“I love you.” He said. My stomach got that hollowed out feeling. It’s amazing how words can do that, just shred your insides apart.

“I love you too.” I whispered.

He took my hand in his, enlacing our fingers together. Not holding someone’s hand like when you shake it. Filling the spaces in between your fingers with theirs. That’s how we held hands. It was like two missing puzzle pieces, the last pieces, like they were actually put together. Together at last.

He brought me over to the red and white plaid picnic blanket. I couldn’t help but smile. He sat down, his legs spread apart and I sat in between his legs, my back resting on his chest. Our fingers still laced together. 

We sat there, talking. About anything really.

That’s the thing with Liam, you can talk to him about anything, everything. The weirdest things we could think of, our secrets, what we did today, the memories absolutely everything. But my favourite thing about Liam. He would never judge you, there would never be a sassy remark to leave his mouth. Just understanding.

“The stars are beautiful.” I whispered. Falling back comfortable into his chest, being engulfed by the sweet smell of his cologne. He arms wrapped around my waist, both of our hands entwined.

“You’re beautiful.” He breathed against my neck. I smile rose to my face and the butterflies erupted in the pit of my stomach. I felt the shivers rush all over my body, the hairs on my arms standing up on end. I could feel my face grow hot, tinted cranberry. 

And he chuckled because he knew only he had this effect on me.

We sat there, quite a while longer. Till it was around midnight, just watching the stars.

In this moment everything was perfect.

I had the perfect life.

The perfect boyfriend.

The perfect best friends.

Perfection at it’s best.

We stood to our feet.

“How about we go get ice cream?” He offered.

I nodded my head simply. We walked over to his black SUV. H came around to the passenger side, politely opening my door and helping me get in, what a gentlemen. He jogged in front of the car, opening his door and jumping in. We sat there in the comfortable silence and drove to an ice cream shop. The one he was taking me to was a surprise.

He helped me get out of the car, lacing our fingers together again, like he always did. I nuzzled into his shoulder as we walked, pulling my cardigan over my shoulders as the cool ocean breeze sent shivers up and down my arms.

We walked across the jetty, taking me to the ice cream parlour we went to when we snuck out that time. We ordered the same thing as last time, the beach was still packed as it always was and the same cute Italian man still served us with a smile on his face.

“I’m going to miss you.” I whispered as we walked down the beach’s shore line.

“I’m going to miss you too.” He whispered, lifting my chin up so I was forced to look into his deep brown orbs, a single tear rolled off my cheek and I snapped my head away.

“Hey.” He whispered, lifting my chin again as I sniffed away the tears.

“I love you, and we’ll still talk everyday. We’ll just be away from each other for a while. That’s all. Nothing will change. I promise.” He said, a smile rising to his lips. He held out his pinky, right in front of my face.

I sniffed back the tears as a smile rose on my face, taking my pinky out I held it up just in front of his. He wrapped his long slender pinky around my small thin one. His lips hovered over mine. But they never touched. This moment is the exact definition of perfection; I don’t know anything more intense and beautiful than two people, madly wanting each other but still restraining themselves because the tension is too flawless to be broken. 

“Mine.” He whispered against my lips.

“Yours.” I breathed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ AHHHH, DOUBLE DIGITS ALREADY!

i can't believe it's chapter ten.

Thank you so much for reading this.

I'm sorry i didn't upload earlier, i had a really bad week and someone really close passed away, i just needed a bit of time, i'm sorry.

Vote, comment, whatever.

i love you guys so much.

please give me feedback and tell me whether you actually like this book.

6 votes, 6 comments for the next chapter?

big love, Tayla xxx