Leaning against the doorframe before she left, Y/N scrolled through her phone with a raised eyebrow. "Looks like there's a high school reunion," She explained as she saw me walk into the living room. "What do you think?"

I just wanted to let you know...

"What do you mean- Oh..." I didn't think I'd have to see that place again. But it's not like we'd be attending the regular hell that we had to endure once upon a time. "I mean, it's not like we'll have anything better to do tonight," Biting my lip, I stared at the ground, but looked back up and met Y/N's eyes, her face the same expression as mine.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking about right now?" She pointed to me, and then herself, letting a smile take over her face. 

You're so fucking amazing.

I nodded, now excited. A mental image of the location came to mind. Y/N would be the one to thank for that.
"I definitely know what you're talking about," I pointed to her.

"The spot!" She squealed before eying her phone again. "Oh shit, I'm gonna be late."

"What time should we be going, though?" I asked before she left.

"Uh, it says around 5:30 pm, that's when it starts.." Her eyes scanned for more details. "I really gotta go-"

"Okay okay, I'll see you later tonight."

"Yup!" I felt a kiss on my cheek before the door shut.

I don't know how you manage to do the things that you do, and the things you do for me.

I was already prepared to leave for work in a minute, too, so I quickly checked my phone for the time and more details related to the reunion. Then another thought emerged. Would there be something else occupying said spot at the side of the building?

Man, we probably seem so weird worrying about stuff like that. It's like we forgot about it for god knows how long.

You make me happy.

Before I left, there was a knock on the door. Opening it, there stood a man with a small brown package.

"This is for.. Mr. Connor Murphy?" He read the label.

"Yea, that's me. Thank you." I received the box from him and shut the door after signing the paper.

I didn't think it would get here soon enough.

I stopped and stared at the box, realizing how this reunion could actually work in my favor in a way. Setting it on the counter, I unboxed it and viewed the item inside.

Tonight would be a good night.

•••

You're hilarious as hell, and you can make anyone laugh until their stomach hurts.

After finding a spot in the newly changed parking lot, Y/N and I met up with Zoe, Evan, Jared, and Jeremy in the courtyard. To say I was nervous would be the understatement of the year.

I took that time to check my pocket for the millionth time when Y/N exited the car. My fingers brushed against the small, solid, velvet box.

I hopped out and stuffed my hand in my other pocket.

"You alright?" Y/N asked as we made our way over to the building.

I nodded, actually feeling a shit ton of emotions.

My sister was the first to notice us walk over to them in the familiar courtyard.
"I didn't think you guys would be here," Zoe chuckled.

The others turned around and greeted us enthusiastically. Evan and Zoe gave me looks that indicated they already knew.