Chapter 21

'I really wanna see her.', he smiled into his phone while face timing with Zasha. She had a daughter that I happened peek a glance.
Such a cute little baby!
I loved how her small hands flailed while her small pink tongue stuck out.

'What's her name?', he asked and I scooted closer to know it.

'I didn't choose any... but Musa is calling her Maryam.', she said and I closed my eyes to recall her cheerful face.

Later that night he told me about some ceremony that was supposed to be held the following week and I happily affirmed.

Atleast we had these parties to cherish on. Other than that we never even talked.

The bed dipped under his weight and I waited for his hand or just a kiss like every night but it never came.

********

A loud bombarding music welcomed us and I covered my ears at the horrendous stupidity.
I hated loud music.

Later it got a bit slow and I was thankful for it.
My man soon disappeared into the crowd to meet everyone and I wondered why he never introduced me as his wife to anyone.

'Back again!', he appeared beside me again. The obnoxious guy.

'You're looking beautiful as always!'

I gave him my tight lipped smile and sat on where my name had been embossed.
Wait?
What was that?

I looked back at my name and saw my old name printed on it.
What th fu**

I was Ayla Zulkafal Ahmed now.
But it said Ayla Noor...

Why?

'Angry at your name?', he chuckled getting comfortable beside and I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

The hall became much more crowded and I felt as if I couldn't breath more in that compartment.
I stood up and excused Ayan, halting him amidst his high school rant that I was not interested in.

Asking my way out, I dashed towards an abandoned lawn and sighed at the provision of air that my lungs got deprived of.

I slumped over a bench and looked up at the dark sky.
My heart raced at God knows what and I rubbed my chest. Was it a heart burn?
I inhaled deeply to get more oxygen but something ticked in the back of my mind.

'I was looking for you!'
He appeared out of nowhere and I just wanted to cry. Didn't he know I was married?

'Its cold out here.', he sat beside me and rubbed his palms together.

'Well! No one told you to sit here. You can go inside.', I exasperated at his still beaming audacity.

'I can't just leave you alone out here!', he exclaimed.

What was his man?

'You're no one to worry about me.', I gritted and he smiled as if I was some lunatic.

'What?'

He shook his head and blushed at his own secret joke.

'Can I tell you something? ', he asked giving me side glance and I rolled my eyes.

This guy really needed some brain to be shoved down his throat.

'I really like you Ayla!', he mumbled and now I was sure that he was some psychopath that profusely needed a brain doctor.

'Too bad I don't feel the same.'

'It doesn't matter. I can make it up for both of us.', he blushed under the moon and I seethed at his confession.