Chapter 10

A thunderous slap landed on my cheek as soon as we entered the condo. It was so hard and quite unexpected that I fell down on the twinkling marble beneath us.

'No! Please'
I heard Alvina and saw her running towards me in my peripheral vision.

But before she could come to me, I was hauled and dragged towards the bedroom.

Ouch!
It hurt my arm.

A steely sensation dissolved in my mouth and I bet he had ripped my lip with that one hell of a slap.

Pushing me away, he shut the door painfully and shot me his deadliest glare. I backed away and made a run for the bathroom.

But he was fast enough to grab my shirt and turned me around while squishing me between him and the wall behind me.

'Why did you do that?', he gritted and I looked anywhere but him.

'Why?', he gritted again and grabbed my chin harshly to look at him.

'TELL ME!', he roared like a mad lion. I covered my ears and shut my eyes.

'You won't escape it until you tell me.', he gritted and pulled my hands down from my ears.

'Look at me', he seethed and my eyes shutout more tightly.

'AYLA!'
My eyes snapped open to find him glaring down at me.

'What I saw back there... was way too nasty.', he paused.
'And I really want to know why you were kissing THAT BASTARD!', his pitch raised with every single word and I shirked.

I closed my eyes tightly again. I don't want to experience this episode of my life. Couldn't we just skip this reel.

'AYLA!', he hollered.

I hummed with closed eyes and nodded my head.

'Look at me!', he gritted.

I shook my head vigorously and that's when Paul's cruel face flashed. I felt his tongue again and gagged at the thought.

'Hey!', he snapped grabbing my face a bit too harshly.

'Open your eyes', he bit.

I shook my head and tried to push him away. I couldn't breath.

'You're not getting away with this easily.', he gritted and a small sob escaped my already shivering body.

I cried with closed eyes until my head rested against his chest. And thankfully he didn't push me away harshly this time. I really needed someone to hold me and besides his anger, he hugged me, soothing my back.

My one and only friend had betrayed me.
Her crush had tried to make a move on me.
And my man had hit me.

All of these events had happened in these few hours and it felt I had lived a thousand lives.

My legs gave away and I melted on the floor with him towering above me.
I shrank into a ball in the corner of my room and felt him stretching away from me.

I cried hard until my eyes chose to stung like a bee. Intermittently, some hiccups erupted from my shivering body until I gave into the exhaustion and slipped into a deep slumber.

***********

'Ayla!'

My eyes felt heavy when I tried to open them. I was again in her lap and shrieked as she splayed a cold cloth over my forehead.

I heard her sniffing and looked up to find her crying.

'Why are you crying?'
My voice came out gravely and I knew it was because my last night's episode.

Something stung my lip and I felt her fingers rubbing something on it.

'Don't do that!', I nudged her hand away and closed my heavy eyelids.

Alvina murmured something under her breath and pressed another cold cloth that took me by surprise.

'Where is he?', I asked.

'He's gone. Don't worry', she said politely and i felt her kissing my hair.

************

I stayed in bed for the next day and kept replaying yesterday's events.
What hurt most was the part where I got slapped.

Father never slapped me.
Hell he never ever glared at me, let alone the thought of slap.

Even my eyes were tired of weeping now. I stretched my aching limbs and turned a bit to find a rattling bolt.

Was he here again?

The door opened to a very much exhausted Alvina with a tray in her fairly aged hands.
I sighed in relief and averted my gaze back to the ceiling.

'Look! I've made you Aloo paratha.', she chimed and I felt my face distorting at yet another weeping session.

Tears broke out, cascading down in my hairline. I felt her soft hands wiping my eyes and I looked at her.

'You must not let your food wait.'

'Why baba?'

'You'll get to know it when your food will make you wait.'

I sat up in my bed and rested my back against the headrest.
She fed me and I wept at this lady had the guts to cope up with her job. She nearly had to baby sit me every jis and then whereas she was appointed just stay with me for the night.

She was careful, not to touch my bruised lip.
I recalled his ring that had fascinated me before. It must have caught my lip.

'Do you want to take a bath?', she asked somewhat out of the blue.

'Do I look gross?'

She scrunched her nose and nodded with a smile.

I tilted my head and she stood up, advancing towards the bathroom.

Life got the worst out of me. May be if my mom had been living than it shouldn't have happened. Because if she hadn't died, than I wouldn't have lived.

My stomach still churned at the thought of slap. I quivered again and closed my eyes to let myself loose in the warm aura of water.

Slipping into whatever first crossed my eyes, I dashed out of the bathroom and was a bit taken aback to find a very much fidgeting Alvina just outside the door.

She smiled and tugged me along towards the patio just outside my room.
We sat on the small couches while she untangled my locks.

'You've got beautiful hair.', she mumbled.

A huge flock of birds caught my eye, flying high up in the sky, making beautiful patterns. I kept looking at them until they vanished out of my sight.

'I wish I were a bird'

'You like birds?', she asked and I looked up at the sky again to find that flock.

'I wouldn't have to endure this. I could just fly away... leaving everyone, just like my mom.'

'She could have lived if she wanted. But she chose to leave me alone.', I said and felt warm tears cascading down my cheeks.

'I really want to be a bird', I felt anxious and turned back abruptly to her.

She gave me a long sad look and sniffed.

'I want to fly away from here. I hate him... I hate everyone who stabs my heart.', I slapped my thighs and felt a ball in my throat.

'I hate my mom..baba, Bella and Paul, and him.', I hiccuped loudly not even caring the least that I must be looking a witch to an unknown lady.

'But more than that... I loath myself. I hate my existence.', I sobbed and she hugged me tightly.

I kept sobbing until I felt myself slipping again into deep slumber of darkness.

Encourage me as a writer
Please don't forget to
VOTE
SHARE
COMMENT