Chapter 13

A new day
A new beginning
A new semester...

He drove sluggishly and I counted the passing by cars.

'I'll be waiting here.', he said as I hopped out of the car.

I tilted my head and closed the door softly. He kissed his teeth in aggression and opened the door just to close it harshly.

'It doesn't need your politeness!', he spat and drove away with a whoosh.

My bipolar man.

The day passed by in a blur with a very much distant Bella, whom I kept ignoring for my own good.
Paul kept glancing worriedly at my way and I ignored both of these poor souls effortlessly.
And for the first time I noticed that he was really a red headed guy.

'How was it?', he asked as I hopped in his car.

'Cool!'

Dropping me by the plaza he drove back to his office. I spent my day making a planner for my studies, cooking and cleaning.

'She's looking beautiful!', I breathed.

He showed me photos of Zasha's reception and she truly nailed it. She had always been the beauty queen. She stood beside a very much familiar tall figure and I squinted a bit to have a closer look.

'I've seen this man.'

He hummed and chewed his dinner.

He really looked quite familiar. I pressed over my memory but couldn't help to remember him.

'Is he our relative?', I asked while scrolling through the photos in his phone.

He hummed again and my blood boiled at him for being not so responsive.

'Zaid's friend.', he bit and took a mouthful.

Zaid's friend?
Ohh yeah.
What what was his name?
Mustafa?
Or something like that...
We used to call him Moos.

'Musa..', he said and I couldn't help but drag his name in affirmation.

'Musaaaaa!'

He gave me a weird look and I shut my mouth.

He did the dishes while I dangled my legs from the counter.

'Don't do that!', he snapped and I complied.

What was with his mood today?
Sometimes he's all joking and smiling and the very next minute he chose to be that old grumpy man.

I hopped off of the counter and ascended up to my room.
Guess he didn't want to talk right now...

I sat cross legged on the patio and breathed in cold breeze. It was getting hot here now. But when night fell over, it came with its coldness.

He laid beside me making pillow out of my leg. His hair tickled my thigh across the fabric but I kept those tickles just to myself coz last time he got to knew about my weakness, I was on my fours until tears prickled out of my eyes at the hands of huge fit of laugh that had erupted.

'When is your semester break?', he asked somewhat out of the blue.

'May.'

He hummed and drummed his finger squinting up at the sky and I wondered what he was thinking.
My fingers found their way in his hair. I lightly brushed them and he momentarily closed his eyes humming some tune.

His locks had grown and made him look more manly. Although it looked more beautiful but my mind being the weirdest thing on this earth chose a sour idea.