DWM 45.

Harry and I spent his last day in Miami on a group date outing. So it was all the couples. Dinah; Siope. Masi; Mani. Ally; Troy. Lauren; Zayn and of course myself and Harry. I told him we can absolutely spend his last day just the two of us, but he insisted he was more than okay and that he wanted to see someones face other than mine. He was of course joking.

    Our day was spent at the beach where we were playing chicken in the water and got yelled at several times by the lifeguards on duty until it got to the point where they kindly asked us to remove ourselves. After that fiasco we played games on the boardwalk until the sun set and Harry's sunburn started kicking in. I repetitively told him to put on sunblock but he told me he'd be "fine". That night we had dinner and watched movies with my family.

    It was early in the morning when I was being shaken about like a chew toy in a dogs mouth. I sat up startled and noticed that my bedroom light was on and Harry was standing there on my bedside. "It's time to wake up... that is if you want to say your goodbyes." He still had his sleepy voice which was a mixture of mysterious and cracking. I found it extremely attractive. I rubbed at my eyes still half asleep. The sun wasn't even out and I could hear the sound of rain falling. You sure know how to set the mood, Miami. "I already said goodbye to your family. Lauren will be here in twenty minutes," he said. He leaned in and placed his soft lips on my forehead. "So, chop chop will ya?" A moment later I was left alone in my room again. I moved a few inches and sat on the edge of my bed trying to fully wake up, but it was difficult when rain was thought of as a sleep remedy.

    I didn't take much effort to make myself look decent. I slipped on capri sweats and my ed sheeran sweater with some crocs. Harry started to laugh when I reached the bottom of the stairs, still wiping sleep dust from my eyes. "Always a fashion offender," he joked.

"Oh, yeah because you are the fashion police I completely forgot." I yanked his hair gently. He held my arms captive.

"Why don't you have my face on a jumper? I'm starting to think he's got a bit more of your heart than me," he teased.

"When they start making merchandise with your face on it, then we'll talk."

"Deal," he said giving me a sweet good morning kiss. "I love you," he said. I smiled and carressed his cheek. "I love you too," I said. Harry and I shared a banana just before Lauren arrived. If there was time at the airport, we were having a hearty breakfast.

    I wasn't much help as Harry struggled with his duffel bag and I ran through the rain into Lauren's car for shelter. "Isn't it so weird being awake in the morning?" Lauren questioned. I glanced over to Zayn and I couldn't see his face, but by his posture I was certain he was sleeping. "It's sad, I saw a man in a wheelchair crossing the street and I asked if he wanted a ride and he insisted that he was fine, and that the rain is his favorite weather because it always brings rainbows. I know he probably meant it literally, but I interpreted it in my own way. It was the strangest thing ever," Lauren said. I thought about the man in the wheelchair that I saw when my mom was taking me to school a few months back during the rain, and I wondered if it was the same person.

   Harry got in and he was weirdly not sopping wet but it was clear he was out in the rain. "Everyone ready and buckled in?" Lauren asked for no reason, because before she got a response she started driving off. "Is he really sleeping?" Harry asked smacking the back of Zayn's carseat.

"Yes, we didn't get much sleep last night," she said. "I'm amazed I'm functioning right now. And before any dirty thoughts float through your mind we were talking all night."

"Hey; I wasn't gonna say anything," I held my hands up in surrender. Things got comfortably silent besides the sound of the rain and the cars swooshing by us, their wet tires rolling along the wet streets. I layed my head on Harry's lap and started to slowly drift back to sleep as he played with my hair.