DWM 31.

It was prom day, and focusing was not in the cards right now. Today was just a half day, and I had a half hour before school was over, and I could jump into Lauren's car with the other girls, head to the nail salon, and then straight to the hair salon after. I basically walked through every class, and the teachers all sounded like the teacher from Charlie Brown when they tried to cram in a lesson in the time span of class as if any of the students cared. Most of us were going to prom, and just ready to get the hell out of this place. The others weren't going to prom, but were excited for this half day so they can go do whatever they do to feel free. And the last of the group had to sit in the detention room. I knew for a fact many of them weren't going to show up.

    "Good afternoon St. Sundale High School," Mrs. Greene's over cheerful voice rang through the intercom. Everyone looked up as if God himself was speaking directly to them. "It is now eleven fifty- five in the morning. In just five minutes you will all be released from your educational confines." Everyone started to cheer and Mr. Fuentes tried to silence them to a partial avail. "I hope all goes well for the young ladies, and young men as they prepare for prom this evening. The students who are not going to make it, have a great rest of your day, and to the students who were banned from prom, you all know who you are- I expect to see you all back here at six in the detention rooms. Remember everyone finals start in just two weeks, so study hard! Seniors you're out of here in three weeks. Make your senior year memorable!"

    I watched as my class started packing up their items, and one by one they walked out of the doors. "Where do you think you're going? The bell hasn't rung yet!" Fuentes shouted out the door. I was the last one to the door, at the exact moment the bell rang and Fuentes thanked me for my obediance. I tend to be extremely cautious, and I was paranoid that if I tried to follow in my classmates footsteps that Fuentes would ban me from prom, although I don't think he had such authority.

    Dinah was leaned up against a locker when I walked out my classroom. "Took you long enough!" she exclaimed keeping pace with me. "Aren't you excited about prom?! I skipped out on my last class because I couldn't focus," she told me. I spun my combination into my lock and then pulled my locker open. "I am excited. I think that I'm so excited I don't really know how to react," I tried explaining, but it made no sense.

   "Where's Siope?" I asked realizing she wasn't connected to her other half. "Oh, he and Masi went to get haircuts." She tapped her fingers along her crossed arm as she watched me transferring things from my backpack to my locker. "For the love of all that is holy our nail appointment is at twelve thirty!" Then Dinah shoved my backpack into my locker and slammed it shut, closing the lock.

   "There you guys are, I was just about to call. You all ready?" Lauren asked swinging her car keys around her finger. I was still staring at Dinah. "What was that for? You don't know if I needed that stuff."

"You can get it Monday, now shhh, we need to go or be late." Dinah said dragging me by the arm.

    "Did Harry let you know that he and Zayn are running around with Troy to get everything for tonight?" Lauren asked, glancing at me from the rearview mirror. I shook my head. "Well, they're running around with Troy getting everything for tonight," she repeated. Troy's family was going away tonight so he can have an after prom party since the school was unable to fund one, and this one was going to have alcohol. I, however, had no plans to drink. We all see how that ended up last time.

   "Did your cousin and boyfriend double check the whole limo situation?" Lauren asked Dinah who shrugged.

"That's exactly why I just texted Normani and Ally to go make sure everythings set in stone when they finish getting their hair done." Normani and Ally were ten steps ahead of us. They had a study hall the class before afternoon, so they were allowed to leave early.