Chapter 13

Megan POV

"What? What do you mean? Yes, we did sleep together".

"No, we didn't", he said sitting down on my couch.

"How would you know? We were both drunk. I don't even remember anything from that night. If I slept with you, I must have feelings for you. This is going to crush Niall".

"Shut up", he said, "just listen. You don't remember anything because you were drunk. I never drank, remember? You lost the game every single time".

He smirked, and I rolled my eyes.

"We played 20 times, and you continued drinking. You were completely drunk. I was sober and well aware of what was happening. I finally stopped you before you got alcohol poisoning or something. You went into my room and then called me in there after 15 minutes. You were naked from the waist down. You kept saying 'Niall, where are you?' When I walked in, you said, "you're not Niall'. Then, you passed out and fell onto my bed. I wrapped the sheet around you".

"Why did you keep me naked?"

"I thought it would be weird to put clothes on since I had already seen you naked. I didn't think Niall would like that".

"Why did you sleep in the bed if I was naked?"

He looked at me like that was a dumb question.

"It's my bed. Just because you don't know how to keep your clothes on doesn't mean that I should have to stay out of my comfy bed. I was going to carry you, but my leg wasn't fully healed. You aren't the lightest person in the world".

I laughed.

"So, nothing happened between us?"

"No, Megan. Nothing happened. I'm surprised you guys thought that I was capable of sleeping with my best friend's girlfriend, but everyone seems to think that I'm a man whore that doesn't care about anyone else but himself. All of you think that I'm capable of that, so that should tell me what kind of guy I am".

He looked sad, and I could tell that all of the things that we had said to him had hurt him. I sat down beside him.

"Harry, I'm so sorry. I should've listened to you when you tried to explain. Maybe this whole thing could've been avoided".

"I'm sorry that this whole thing turned out badly. You and Niall were a great couple, and I wish that you would've stayed together".

I shrugged. 

"Things happen. It's not your fault".

"Who would've thought that fake sex with me could ruin a relationship? All of the girls seem to be quite satisfied".

I laughed and pushed him.

"Shut up, Harry".

"So, when are you going to tell Niall the truth?"

I froze as I thought about it.

"I'm not". Harry stared at me.

"I know this whole thing would probably go away if I told him, but he doesn't want it to. This was his way out. Niall put on a good show, but I wasn't the unhappy one in the relationship, he was. If I tell him this, he'll come back to me, and I know he doesn't want that. I'm giving him the chance to be happy. If my leaving makes him happy, then I'll do it".

I held back the tears that I could feel fighting to fall.

"I owe it to him to let him be happy".

"I understand".

Harry hugged me. It had been a while since someone had hugged me, and I really needed it. Just then, the door burst open. It was Niall. His eyes got twice as big when he saw Harry and I together.