Chapter 5

Megan POV

"Come in", he said.

He was in a wheelchair so he could get around with his leg. I pulled my bags in and sat them on the kitchen table.

"So, what do you want from me first?", I asked him. He didn't make eye contact with me.

"What?"

"What do you need me to do? I'm here to help you get around because of your leg. Where do you want me?"

"I'm good. I don't need anything".

"Uh, okay". 

He wheeled away to his room, and I sat and watched tv in the living room. So, Niall drug me here, and I was already of no use. Great.

Niall POV

I didn't know what was going to happen between Harry and Megan. But, I hoped that they at least tried to get along for my sake. When I got home, the rest of the boys were there waiting for me. 

"How did it go?", Zayn asked.

"Has she killed him yet?", Louis chimed in. I laughed.

"Not yet. But, give it some time".

"They're not that bad", Liam said, "I think they'll be fine".

"We'll see how long it lasts", I said, "what do you lads want to do today?" They sugggested the beach, a movie, and dinner. "Let's do all 3".

I changed into some regular clothes, and we left to start our day.

Megan POV

It was almost 6, and I had still done nothing. Harry didn't even call me when he wanted to eat. If he could do everything by himself, why was I here? I walked around his house. I had only seen it once before, and that was really quick. In the long hallway, there were pictures. Pictures of him being silly with the boys, picture of him and his sister, there were even pictures of him and his mum.  when I walked a little bit further, I saw a picture of him and Ashley. They were sitting on the couch, and she was on his lap. They didn't look like they knew the picture was being taken because they were in the process of laughing. But, they looked...happy. I hadn't seen either one of them this happy in a while.

"What are you doing?", a voice behind me asked.

"Sorry, Harry. I was just looking at the pictures".

"These are private", he said.

"Then, why are they in the hallway where everyone can see them?" He didn't have a response to that. "You really love her, don't you?", I said after a while.

"Loved, past-tense. I can't love someone who's no longer here", he added. I rolled my eyes. There he goes again. "But, there were times when I didn't love her. There were times when I hated her. She pissed me off a lot".

"I agree with you competely. She pissed me off when she told Emmy about me and Niall". 

Flashback

Megan POV

"WHAT? AND, WHY ARE YOU YELLING?"

"You and Niall dated?", Emmy asked. Crap.

"Uh..".

"Uh is not an answer. Did you and Niall date?"

"Yes, but it was only for a short period of time".

"How short?"

"Like a day".

"Hmm, and what did you two do during this day?"

"Uhhh..".

"Go ahead", Ashley said behind me, "Megan, tell her what you and Niall during that day".Emmy looked at me. I didn't say anything.

"You didn't", she said. I looked away, but nodded."When was this?"

"The day that he got in the car accident. We spent the day together".

"And, clearly, the night too", Ashley said, under her breath.

"Megan, how could you? He is my boyfriend".

"In our defense, he wasn't your boyfriend at the time".

"You knew how much I liked him. You're suppose to be my best friend".

"Yeah, I did. And, you knew how much I liked him. You used the fact that I was in prison to win him over"

."I didn't need to win him over. He already liked me. Why did you do it, Megan?"

"I liked him", I said, "and he liked me. I'm sorry, but I don't regret it at all".

"Well", she said, "if he liked you so much, then why did he moved back home? Why didn't he stay here?" That hurt. "I thought so", she said. She started to walk out.

I retorted.

"If he liked YOU so much, why didn't he stay here?" That hurt her.

"Look, Emmy, I'm sorry you found out this way. I really am. But, I'm not sorry it happened. I like Niall...liked Niall. But, it doesn't matter anymore. He's gone. Forever. We won't see him again. So, instead of being mad at me, why not just go get some ice cream with me? I'm sure we both could use it".

She walked up and hugged me. I guess we both got a little crazy over Niall. She walked to the kitchen, and I stayed back.

"Ashley, why did you tell her?"

"She deserved to know", she said, "you keep too many secrets from each other".

"Secrets? What secrets has she kept from me?"

"Nothing, forget it. Either way, she deserved to know. Niall is gone now. You're with Jordon, or at least, that's what he thinks. He really likes you, Megan. Don't screw this up".

"It's not fair to him for me to be with him and want someone else".

"I don't think Niall wants you anymore", Ashley said, "if he did, why did he leave? Why didn't he stay for you? You need to move on.

Let yourself be happy". 

End oF Flashback

I was glad that I hadn't "moved on" from Niall. If I had, then I wouldn't be as happy as I am right now.

"Well, could you blame her for telling?", Harry asked, looking at the wall. I thought about it.

"Thinking about it now, I guess. She did the right thing".

"Yeah, she always tried to". Harry still didn't make eye contact with me.

"Harry, do you even need me here?"

"What?", he asked. 

"I have been here for a while today, and you haven't asked me to do anything. If you don't need me here, I will tell Niall and go back home. I just don't see why you agreed to this if you didn't want it. You saved Niall's life".

"No, I didn't".

"Well, you were trying to".

"I guess".

"What do you mean? You jumped in front of the bullet to save Niall".

"That was part of the reason".

"What?" 

"Nothing. I don't want to talk about this anymore".

"Harry, tell me. When you jumped in front of the bullet, you were trying to save Niall, right?"

"No", he whispered, "I WANTED TO GET SHOT".

Sorry, I didn't update yesterday! I got back to my dorm really late and had a ton of homework to do! Depending on how my day goes today, I'll either update later on tonight, or tomorrow night. Either way, I am updating today or tomorrow! The next chapter will be awesome! I promise. I already know what it's going to be about.