Chapter 2

Niall POV

I didn't know what to expect when we got to the hospital. As soon as we walked through the double doors, I saw Harry's tear-stained face. It was obvious that he hadn't stopped crying since he left the house.

"It's not good", he said to me when I walked up. Megan pretended as if she didn't hear anything. I took Harry and walked a few feet away from Megan.

"What do you mean?", I asked.

"They won't show us her body".

"Why not?"

"It's too mangled. If it wasn't for her ID being in her pocket, they wouldn't have even known it was her. She was almost unrecognizable". His voice broke on that last word.

"I'm sorry, Harry", I said, hugging him, "I know how much she meant to you".

I told him not to respond because I knew it would be hard for him to speak. I finally got Harry to calm down, and we went so sit beside Megan. I grabbed her hand.

"I know this is hard", I said to her.

"No, I'm fine", she said, "there's no reason for me to be here".

The doctor walked up to us.  We all stood up.

"As you all know, Ashley did die. We aren't allowed to show you her body because of its condition. But, you can proceed with the funeral whenever you want". I turned to Megan. No emotion. Harry had run out to the parking lot.

"Thank you, Doctor", I said and turned to leave. 

"Can we go now?", she asked me.

She look bored. It still hadn't clicked in her head that she would never see her sister again. I thought coming here would seal it into her brain, but apparently that didn't work. I decided to drive Harry home. He was too upset to drive home in this condition.  We got in the car. I could barely concentrate over Harry's sobs and Megan's constant sighs. This was going to be hard.

Over the next week or so, Harry went into a slight depression. I could never keep him and Megan in the same room. If she saw him crying, she got annoyed. That just made him more upset. But, her and I together was working really well. As long as I never brought up Ashley, things were fine. She was laying on my chest while we were on the couch.

"What are we doing today?", she asked.

"I'm not sure. Louis, Zayn, and Liam are all going to the beach". I didn't bother mentioning that Harry was probably going to be at home sulking.

"Do you want to join them?"

"Sure", she said, "let's go".

We put on our bathing suits and left. When we got there, the boys were already in the water playing around.

"Hey Megan", Louis shouted when he spotted us.

The boys got out of the water and greeted us. I bent down to put our towel down. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Louis and Zayn pour a huge bucket of water on Megan.

"YOU. GUYS. ARE. DEAD". She took off running after them.

"Are you going to go help her?", Liam asked. I laughed.

"I'm pretty sure she doesn't need any help". I looked and saw that she was on top of Louis hitting him, while Zayn was trying to pull her off of him.

"I think you're right", Liam said.

If Harry were here right now, this moment would be perfect. But, I couldn't change the situation with Megan and Ashley. Harry needed time to get over his depression. Louis and Megan finished fighting, and they came and sat with us. We talked about a couple of things, but we all knew what was missing. Harry. We said goodbye to the boys and went home.