Prologue

(This is based off the Resident Evil remastered version. Let's be honest, the original was like... dialogue cringy. Lol. I hope you enjoy!)

From what you knew based on what you were told, You were orphaned as a baby, only a few months old, your birth certificate giving limited information on the whereabouts of your real mother and father.
Your adopted parents however chose to take you in, seeing high promise in their daughter to live a proper future within a wealthy family.

You were given the best education possible, causing you to graduate incredibly early from a private elementary all the way to a high school with a considerably high IQ before you reached sixteen.
Your life was comfortable while growing up, your parents spoiling you every chance they got, all while not being home as much due to their work in a large company organization involving the government.

You never cared much for it, continuing to study to get into a promising university. The slightest idea that you would follow in your Father's footsteps to be successful came crashing down when you came down with cancer, which thankfully you survived.

When you overheard your father speaking about retirement, hoping that you would take his place once he felt you were truly ready to do so.

For some odd reason, the thought of taking your father's place never settled correctly with you ever again.

After spending almost a year suffering and surviving cancer along with your troubled mind, you realized you didn't want to be thrown into a government job, all for the sake of keeping up a family name, and you weren't even part of the bloodline.

During that time, you quickly became a rebellious girl, taking your chances in getting accepted into a police academy at a good college, leaving your parents beginning to dislike the taste for adventure that began to stir within your mind.

You graduated at the top of the class a few days before your eighteenth birthday, your fighting skills and knowledge impressing your colleagues and instructors, giving you the nickname 'Wondergirl' for being so quick with your reflexes and such.

As the rebellious side of you finished blooming, you made yourself proud with your hard work, all while your parents still continued to dislike the woman you were growing up to be.

They saw you as a girl that shouldn't be fighting with a gun or even her hands, who instead should've been finishing up at least a Bachelors or a doctorate degree with your level of advanced knowledge, and taking up your father's place in this 'government job' you didn't even care about anymore.

Your colleagues however, after witnessing your hard work alongside them through your final days in college, saw you as a strong and highly capable young woman. You weren't some spoiled stuck up rich girl, you were a kind, compassionate, and heavily optimistic girl, though to be honest, those were just thick shields you put up to deal with the fact that your parents were at their wit's end with you, and you were terrified of being yet again abandoned. You knew they would never understand what you felt while battling cancer, hell, they weren't even in your room most of the time when you had treatments.

Shortly after your eighteenth birthday, the subtle rumors began to arise about mysterious disappearances, either people being picked off the street and never seen again, or people taking little trips into the woods and never coming back out.

One such person even went as far as mentioning human experimentations, or the undead rising from their graves and attacking the living, hence the disappearing people.
You had no idea where the whole zombie idea came from, but it was enough for you to seek out the S.T.A.R.S task force in Raccoon City, thinking to yourself how perfect it would be to leave home and fight for something you think you could enjoy, instead of being couped up in an office all day with dressed up people.

You never told your parents, you knew they would've said no right away. Besides, you were eighteen, heading onto nineteen quite soon even.

So, in your final act of your rebellious sixteen year old self, you saved up enough money for an entire year and left towards Raccoon City at nineteen, leaving your comfortable prison life as you knew it behind.

S.T.A.R.S task force was known for only taking the best of the best: Those with excellent military history and bright knowledge, just enough for you to hold your own. Upon arriving, you were met with the task force's commanding officer, Albert Wesker.

Usually, he would have each new recruit display their skills in tests from knowledge of weapons to hand and hand combat.

Surprisingly, after reading your files, he only asked for a hand to hand combat session with you. To which, you had him on his back three times in a row without much thought to it. You knew you were good, but to knock the commanding officer off his feet multiple times felt like you were stretching it.

You bit your tongue when he glared at you through his cryptic black shades, his form walking closer towards you in a manner that almost wanted you to run away like a lost puppy.

He reached his hand out, to which you took, welcoming you into S.T.A.R.S.

After that little fiasco, you were looked at as the new rookie who knocked the captain on his ass, making you feel a little less shy around your comrades.

You opened up a bit later that night, being known as the optimistic, giggly girl who knocked the captain on his ass.

The one that took onto you the most was your fellow rookie comrade Rebecca Chambers, who was not only the exact age as you, but shared an equal amount of optimism as you. While true, you weren't a field medic as she had signed up for, learning first aid from someone as smart as her was as equally as fun as learning about each other.

The next friend you seemed to make was a slightly older task force member Chris Redfield, helping you get situated on the second night of your arrival.

While Rebecca had brought you a good sense of comfort and humor to make you feel comfortable in the task force, Chris Redfield however added not only his own humor and charm, but also a sense of security you've never had with anyone, causing you to quickly develop a connection with him despite the different levels of experience between you two.

He was cute, you had to admit, you hadn't met a big teddy bear of a man like him before. Talking to him had sent your heart throbbing a few times here and there, and whether he noticed or not, he seemed to enjoy teasing you just to get you to laugh.

Despite the subtle crush, all he was to you so far was a cute man working in the same field as you, that's all it was for now. You didn't want to jeopardize your first few days in the task force by growing attached too quickly.

You were quick to develop a mutual relationship with the others. You were kind to Jill, just as she was with you. Joseph was similar to Chris, giving you a few jokes to laugh about here and there.

Barry, an older man who found it amusing that someone so young could take down someone like Wesker, gave you an equal amount of respect for it. Despite the friendly conversations and sometimes snarky comments you two shared, you couldn't help but feel a bit intimidated sometimes, feeling like a child amidst all the grown ups who all knew what they were doing.

Not even at least three or four days later, before you had a chance to fully mingle with all the members, the news of cannibalistic murders in the Arklay Mountains caused you to be sent into your first mission in the task force's Alpha team.

What you were about to face made you realize that your one act of rebellion caused you to bite much more than you could chew, much more than you had ever realized.

You, (Y/N) (L/N), just realized that you were about to get a lot more than you had ever bargained for.