The End

As the two friends walked to their horses, one looked up at the petals falling from the sky, remembering what they were supposed to represent. He brushed it off, however, and continued walking. The other person climbed onto her horse and watched the other climb onto his horse.

They headed towards a stable, because both of them were exhausted.

"Link, where is the nearest stable?"
"Uhhh... Right over there." Link pointed ahead of them, and Zelda squinted her eyes to see better. She saw the stable, and nodded to let her companion know that she had seen it.

Link put the sheikah slate away and made his horse go faster. Zelda did the same, wanting to rest. She felt like she could sleep forever.

Suddenly, Link stopped and hopped off his horse. Zelda slowed her horse to a stop as well, a confused look on her face. As Link unsheathed his sword, Zelda realized that there must be a monster somewhere.

After a few seconds, a bokoblin ran out into the path, which Link made quick work of. He didn't put his sword away yet, however, still wary of any other monsters.

Link turned to the side, hearing a rustling sound coming from a bush. Zelda also looked over, but in the corner of her eye, she saw a moblin sneaking up on Link. She shouted a warning to him, but he didn't have time to react before he was struck in the side with the beast's sword. He stumbled back, lifting up his own weapon to attack. For a moment, it reminded Zelda of when she first used her power, and when Link "died."

When she shook the memory out of her head, she saw that Link had stabbed the moblin, and he was pulling his sword out. The moblin collapsed to the ground, disappearing in a cloud of smoke. Link coughed a few times as a result of the smoke, then he slowly fell to his knees to catch his breath. He was already injured and tired from the fight against Calamity Ganon, so now, with a large gash in his side and all the breath knocked out of him, he could barely stand.

Zelda waited a moment for Link to get back up, but when he didn't, she got off her horse and ran over to him. Well, ran was a bit of an overstatement, since she was too tired to go any faster than a jog. Once she reached Link, she bent down and saw that he was breathing heavily, holding his side. She touched where he had his hand, and he flinched, obviously in pain. Zelda helped him up and helped him get on her horse so he wouldn't fall, while his own horse followed behind.

When they got to the stable, Zelda walked over to the man at the desk. She quickly said, "Sir, I would like to board these horses and buy a room. Also-" The man interrupted her and said, "Your friend is injured?" Zelda nodded in response. The man then  told her that one of the stable workers was great at treating wounds, so if someone came and was hurt, she would help. Zelda thanked him as he called two people over. He told them to help the injured teen off the horse. He then told one of them to board the horses, and the other to treat the boy's wounds. Zelda thanked him again and bought a room for herself, since Link got one free because he was hurt.

As Zelda walked to her room, she looked down at herself, thinking, Wow, I must look terrible. My dress is all muddy, my hair is a mess, and I probably have bags under my eyes, seeing as how I haven't slept in a century. She had gotten Link's bags off of his horse before it was boarded, so she looked through them see see if there was anything to wear. She felt guilty looking through his stuff, but the guilt faded a bit when she realized that there wasn't anything personal in it, just food in one bag, and some armor in the other. She found a sea-green cloth in the armor bag, but she didn't know what it was for. She shrugged and put it back, continuing to look through the bag. She found a set of Zora armor, a large heat resistant armor set that was completely made of metal, and a skin-tight Sheikah stealth suit. How all these things fit in the small sack, Zelda didn't know. Eventually, she gave up, realizing that Link most likely prioritized armor over normal clothing. Instead, she just layed down on the bed, falling asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

                                 《~》

When Zelda woke up, she didn't get out of bed immediately. She didn't understand how someone could possibly feel refreshed immediately after waking up, but she didn't complain.

After a few minutes, she got up and looked in the mirror. She decided to look through Link's bag to see if he had a brush, and had no such luck. He for some reason had a soup ladle that was almost broken, but no brush or comb.

Zelda guessed that if Link didn't have a brush, he most likely wouldn't have anything else that would help make her not look like a bokoblin. Instead of  trying to look like a normal hylian without a brush or anything of the sort, she just left her room and headed to Link's room. As soon as she left her room, however, she realized that she didn't know what room Link was in, so she went and asked the man at the desk. He told her the room, and she headed there.

She knocked quietly, making sure not to disturb Link, but still let the other girl know that she was there. Zelda heard a soft, "Come in," and entered the room.

When she opened the door, she saw the girl sitting in a chair next to Link, who was propped up against the headboard of the bed, and wrapping a bandage around his torso. As Zelda walked over, the other girl said, "Can you hold him up for me? It's tricky to do this and keep him from falling over." "Sure!" Zelda sat down and held Link up for the girl.

She realized that she had been calling her "the girl," since she didn't know her name.
"So, what's your name? My name is... actually, why don't you tell me your name first?" Zelda said, deciding against saying her own name for fear of being recognized.
"My name is Nia. What about you?"
"My name is..." she paused for a moment, unsure of whether she should say her name. She decided to tell Nia.
"Zelda."
"Ooh, like the old princess? Neat!"
Zelda sighed in relief, glad that the other girl hadn't started fawning over her, which really wouldn't help in this situation.

Suddenly, Nia stood up. "I'm done changing his bandages, so I'll give you two some alone time. He's healing fast, since the wound wasn't very deep. It may leave a scar, though."
"That's alright," Zelda said, smiling, "Thank you."

Nia left, and Zelda turned back to Link. She sat down on the bed next to Link, and moved him so that is head was on the pillow, and there was enough room for he her to lie down beside him. She put her head down on the pillow next to him and fell asleep.

                               ~~~

Wow, my first chapter of my first story, and it's 1255 words long(not including this). I thought it would be closer to like, 500 words. Tell me how you think I did, if you want. I personally like this a lot, considering it's my first story, but I also don't like it that much because the writing itself isn't that great.