Chapter 17 - Is Kaden Okay?

Kaleb's POV

As I pace up and down, I think,

'Is Kade going to be okay?'

Ads has already been treated, the Doctor said it just missed the place where you get a concussion, there's only a little opening, but other than that, she's good to go. We've already treated her with the antidote before we took her to the hospital. We cured everyone, even Jackson. Hayden and his Father's deaths were merely but an act of self defence. They're gone, along with the serum, which we've turned in to the authorities. All we're worrying about now is if Kaden's going to be okay. Right now, Ads is a crying mess in Lando's arms, with Nico shedding silent tears, hugging her from behind.

"We came as fast as we could, what happened?" Rosie asked.

"Kade's demonised brother beat him up, he's bruised and bloody" I summarised.

"Oh" Rosie gasps, immediately turning toward the crying Adelyn. She wraps her arms around Nico and Lando, "Oh, Ads.."

Rick sits beside Lando, with his mouth covered by his intwined fingers.

"Kaleb Elsen?" I hear a Doctor call my name.

"Yes" I turn to Ads, who's calmed down a little. "Do you want to go, Ads?"

"Does she want to go? He's her fricking boyfriend, Kale.." Nico accidentally spat. "Sorry, that didn't mean to sound rude"

"I know, Nikki, and you don't need to apologise"

A sobbing voice starts to reply, "he's not my boyfriend, Nico"

Not yet at least..

"C'mon" I take Ads from Lando, as he engulfs Rosie in a tight hug. Nico and the others follow me, as the Doctor leads us to Kade's ward. "He's gonna be okay, Ads. I just know it"

"I know. Kade's tough, he's strong. He doesn't let anybody control him" Ads smiles, then frowns again, "but why did he let Hayden beat him up?"

"Hayden was trying to break him down. Make him feel responsible for your injury. Kade's a shield of strength, but he only has one weakness. You" I wipe a stray tear from Adelyn's cheek, as she smiles. "So, I don't know why you two haven't really announced your relationship yet. You can't just be best friends.. otherwise you won't look at each other so lovingly.." I teased, earning a slap on my chest from Ads and a rewarding kiss on the cheek from my sweet angel.

With my free hand, I gently stroke her cheek with my thumb, painting her cheeks red.

We arrive at Kade's ward. He's still bruised, but not as much, he had stitches in his cheek, right below his eye and he was very much awake.

"Kade" Ads cries, leaving my arms, and running into Kade's open arms.

"Addy" he engulfs his princess in a tight embrace, cradling her head. "Shh, it's okay. I'm here" he whispers, stroking her hair.

"Wow, it's like, what? Eight in the morning and we haven't had breakfast yet.." I announce, hoping everyone would catch on.

"Oh, yes. We indeed must go consume the most important meal of the day" Rick enthusiastically added.

"Love the enthusiasm bro, but try to act natural," Rosie advised, "we'll leave you two.. alone" she really enunciates the singular word, and drags Orlando and Rick out of the room.

"You said to act natural and there you are saying 'alone' like 'alone'. Riddle me that Rosie"

'Thanks' Kade mouths to me.

'I ship you two' I mouth back.

Nikki intertwines our fingers and we walk out of the room. When we were out she gives me a light peck on the cheek.

"What was that for?" I curiously asked.

"Oh, just a reminder of how amazing you are" she smiles. I give her the most goofily toothy smile I have ever made and leaned in until our lips collided.

Kaden's POV

It truly breaks my heart to have Addy sob into my shoulder, like this. She's never broken down this much since her father died and her mother deserted them.

"It's okay, I'm here. And I'm never going to leave you" I whisper.

Addy's head rises from my shoulder to reveal her teary eyes and red face. Tucking her hair behind her ear, I wipe away her tears with my thumb and caress her cheek as her hand rests atop my own. I stare into her mesmerising eyes, as she shine from her tears. They're not necessarily sad, or happy.. but both. The longer I stare, the more I realise just how beautiful she is. Inside and out, crying or not. She's perfect..

"I don't think I've told you this enough, but I'd do anything and everything for you to be safe. Adelyn, I'd even die if it protects you. And I know why. It's not because I like you, or think you're vulnerable, because you're not. You, are the strongest girl I've ever met, and will ever know. You're not just another star in the sky, you are the most important star. The wishing star that fell right into my world and turned it upside down. You gave me a choice, and helped me make the right one. After all these years, I now know. Adelyn Van Emers, I don't like you. I don't want you. I couldn't say that or it'll be lies. My beautiful Addy, I think- no, I already know, from the very first day I saw you. I love you, and I need you in my life. Without you, I'm a mess, I'd literally die. I know it's really, really late, but-"

Before I could ask her to be mine, she cuts my question off with the most magical wordless answer I could ever receive. A kiss.

"Kaden Prichel, words cannot explain the way my heart melts whenever I hear your voice. I didn't really expect to find you, but I have. I love you too, and I'm never letting you go"

With speech in the form of a formal conversation, I embrace my beautiful princess in my arms. I don't ever want to let go. She's my light, that guides me in the dark. The only one I want, need.

"I promise to never let you go. I promise to hold on tight, forever and always" I whisper, kissing her head. She tries to reply, but instead cries softly.

"I can't lose you"

"You won't be able to get rid of me that easily"