Chapter 16 - Destroying The Serum

Adelyn's POV

Today is Rosie and Lando's one month anniversary, and remembered overhearing Lando telling Kaleb that he's gonna bring her to a fair, where he's gonna give her a promise ring! Even though it's their anniversary, I still want to witness Lando giving Rosie the promise ring. Nico and I concocted a plan to go to the fair, and spy on them, and if we get caught, we can just say 'how convenient!'. Because Lando only told Kaleb about his plan, and nobody knows we know.

"Are you ready, girls?" Lia asks, holding her car keys.

"Yep"

-

We arrive at the fair, trying to find the cute couple before they find us. Expect it's hard to do that when you're wearing sunglasses at sunset.

"Remind me again as to why we're dressed up as undercover spies you see in movies?" I questioned Nico.

"Because, a hat, coat and sunnies is the most casual disguise!"

"Right" I rolled my eyes. In the far distance, I spot two familiar faces. "Nico! I found them! Their lining up for the ferris wheel" I grab her hand as we walk to the ferris wheel line. Just as well, we ended up lining up right behind them. Luckily, we made it to the carriage, unfortunately, on the same one as Lando and Rosie! I look at Nico as she looks at me.

"Excuse me," Lando calls, "can you help us take a picture please?" He holds out his phone to us.

"Sure" I reply in a french accent, taking his phone, snapping pictures of the happy couple, trying to contain my smile as they do the cutest poses. I hand the phone back to him.

"Merci" He smiles.

"De rien" I smile, "you two are very cute couple"

"Thank you. I mean, merci" He chuckles.

When we get off the Ferris Wheel, we sigh in relief.

"That was too close, Nico!"

"I know!"

"You know what, let's just go" I get my phone out to call Lia.

"Good idea"

"Lia? We're ready to go home now" I said.

"Okay, meet me at the parking lot in five" she informs.

We head to the parking lot, to wait for Lia.

-

"Where is she? It's been ten minutes. Is she okay?" Nico asked.

I was about to call her again, when she pulls up in front of us. We get in the car, and the first thing I saw was her messy hair and paranoid eyes.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Some men were trying to inject me. It was Demon Eyes, Lyn" Lia informed, scared.

"No, no, no, no, no!" I exclaim, "where's Artie?" I ask.

"He's at Aunt Lucie's for the night, why? What's going on, Lyn?"

"They're coming for us, Lia. You, Artie and me. They're going to turn us into demons"

"What?! Why?"

"Dad owes money to Kade's father and now we're the price he has to pay" I explained. "Nico, we have to tell Kade"

"I already did"

Ring.

"Hello?" I put the phone to my ear.

"They tried to inject Amelia?"