Chapter 7 - An Almost Kiss

Orlando's POV

It's been 2 days since I stood up against Dex and his goons and joined Kale and Kade's friend group. I hadn't noticed that I was in a toxic friendship until that day in Science, when he only called me over to copy my homework. Tomorrow is the day we go to the warehouse. Ads still doesn't know we know. And she's very happy. She talks to Kale about the Demon Eyes, because Kale has demon eyes too. I feel bad lying to her, but we have no choice. Kade said there's a chance that Ads can become normal too. Kale as well. I just hope they'll be human again. I'm just trying to avoid Dex and the others for as long as possible.

Adelyn's POV

"Hey, Ads, Nico" our other friends called.

We went over and explained why we were hanging out with them. They gave us googley eyes. Nico and I then rolled our eyes, and walked away.

"Addy" Kade called, putting his arm around me. I took it off gently.

"Kade, please leave me at peace. I'm trying to find my peace." I said.

"Nikki" Kaleb called as he put him arm around her shoulder.
"Copy cat" Kade commented.

Haha that was quite funny, because that's something I would say.

"Hey, I should be the one saying copy cat, copy cat!" I said, playfully pushing Kade slightly.

"Naww!" I turned my head towards the sound.

Of course it's Nico... I then proceed to threaten her by clenching my fists.

"Down tiger, down" Kade joked, putting his hands on my shoulder, pushing down gently. I then turn myself around and punch his left arm.

"Ow.. she's a feisty one eh Nico?" Kade teased.

"Kaden Alex Prichel, do you want two dead arms?" I threatened again.

"Alright Ads, I think Kade's had enough torture for one lifetime." Kale informed.

"Yeah, you're probably right.." I began, "One life time later"

I then proceed to softly punch his other arm, but he caught my arm, and put it on his shoulder, making me face him. As I stare into his dark brown eyes. His dark brown hair and it's been in the same style for quite a long time. We haven't been this close together since...

"Okay, Kadelyn. La-" Kaleb said but was interrupted by Nico nudging him in the arm, "Hey, let them have their moment" she said. I'd hate to admit it but she was quite helpful.

As his eyes glance at my lips, he leans in. I can hear the squeaking sounds Nico made, but I ignore it. He's starting to close his eyes, tilting his head.

"Guys!" We heard Lando call for us, so I took my hand off Kade's shoulder and looked down and looked back at Lando.

"Dammit" I heard Nico say. I totally agree.

Kaden's POV

My Addy, as sweet as cotton candy, but she can be quite..

"Ow.. she's a feisty one eh Nico?" I teased, hoping to get some kind of reaction from her.

"Kaden Alex Prichel, do you want two dead arms?" she threatened again, aww how cute.

"Alright Ads, I think Kade's had enough torture for one lifetime." Kale informed, aww.. that was fun.

"Yeah, you're probably right.."she began, "One life time later"

Before she could punch my other arm, I caught her arm and put it on my shoulder, holding it there, as she faces me. I stared at her eyes, admiring how her they're two different shades of brown, light and dark. With her long dark brown hair, naturally straight and even though that smile is faint, it's clearly genuine. I then glance at her lips, and lean in. I start to close my eyes and tilt my head when Lando came in. Addy quickly took her arm off my shoulder and looked down to the ground. Was she leaning in too? Did she want that kiss too?

"Dammit" I heard Nicole say under her breath, I look at her as she and I shared the same disappointed look.

-

That night, all I could think of is Addy. My Addy. Tomorrow, on the thirteenth, she's gonna become a demon for an hour. The pain... my heart, I can't take it. I need to hug her at least. What if she doesn't turn back? Hope she's at school tomorrow...

Orlando's POV

I can't believe it.. Ads is gonna turn into a demon for an hour.. that's a little too long though. Luckily tomorrow is a Wednesday, we have a half day, where school starts at it's usual 8:40 ends at 12:20 every fortnight. The pain she's gonna go through.. I hope she's gonna be okay. If she's here tomorrow, I'm telling her how I feel, before we find out she can't change back...