Chapter 4 - The Secret Plan

Kaden's POV

I can't let my father and my older brother do this to my sweet Addy.. I need a plan, but I can't do this alone.. I need Nico's help, I'm pretty sure Kaleb would like to get some revenge himself too, also some one else, a boy preferrably, who can keep Nico safe too, and who cares about Addy's safety as much as I do. I pack my bag, and get in the car. My evil brother and father sitting at the front and I sat at the back. I miss mother.. it's all father's fault. He discovered this stupid serum, and now Hayden is like him. I wish I could have gone with mother. Away from them.

I reached the school and I found out that I have the exact same classes as Addy, good, I can keep her from trouble.

Orlando's POV

Oh, great Kaden is my neighbour, right in front of my house... Kaden's father came to meet my dad, and can I say, Kaden doesn't look like he loves his father. His smile doesn't seem as genuine as it did when he was passing notes to Adelyn yesterday.

-

I arrived at school, and I went to the library. I saw Adelyn with her friends again. Then I saw Kaden approach Nicolette. They were talking about something serious, and so I decided to pretend to grab a book, behind the shelf, but instead I eavesdropped on every word. Then when Nicolette mentioned Adelyn, I heard Kaden say,

"Addy doesn't deserve what's coming to her Nico. You know my father. He's not gonna stop at nothing. I wish I just stayed with my mother."

"Kade, if you moved with your mother, you wouldn't know about your father's plan." Nicolette said back. I just can't hold it in.

"What the hell is his father gonna do to Adelyn?" I accidentally think aloud, as I see Kaden and Nicolette looking through the gaps of the bookshelf.

Kaden's POV

I was just telling Nico about my father's diabolical plan. When that dark brown haired kid started sticking his nose in.

"What the hell mate? Why were you listening to our conversation?" I asked, a little annoyed.

"Hey, I asked first mate" he snapped.

"That's Orlando, he's okay, he cares about Ads." Nico said to him.

"Look, Orlando, if you must know, my father discovered a serum that will change the human body into a demonic body with all the features." I began, "he injected it into himself fully and now his now a demonic human. His eyes are permanently red, and he has to wear contacts to cover them. He can revert into a demon and back whenever he wants. He also inected it into my brother. He met Addy's father, who was a gambling addict, and wanted to borrow money, so my father let him but it cost Addy's father his life, and half of hers. The serum was injected into her, but only half. So every thirteenth of each month at thirteen hundred hours til fourteen hundred hours, so basically one pm till two pm. You cannot tell Addy you know, or anyone. I have a plan to stop anyone else getting 'demonised' and to retrieve the antidote but I need your help Nico, and you Orlando, if you're up to it."

"Wait, this must be a joke..." Orlando said, "you can't be serious..." I assure Orlando that I'm tellling the truth.

"Umm, Kaden, right. Is what you're saying true? Your father discovered Demon Eyes?" A familiar blonde boy approached us asked.

"Oh, Kaleb.. yes." Nico answered.

She has that tone in her voice, I'm her best friend, like she's also Addy's, so I know that voice. Plus, the way she tucked her wavy dark auburn hair behind ears. I give Nicole that face, and she threatens to punch me by cracking her knuckles.

"Yes, how do you know it's called Demon Eyes?" I ask.

"I have it," he began, "and if it means that no one's gonna get demonised and those who are will get cured, I want to help, and also for the fact that I can spend time with some cool people." he said, looking at Nico as I see Nico slightly blush, and Kaleb smirking. They are actually so cute together.

I brought Nico, Orlando and Kaleb to a quiet place in the library where I explained everything to them and we discussed a plan. On the fourteenth, we'll go to the warehouse with Kaleb since their meeting up on the fourteenth this month. We'll go undercover. Hopefully Addy won't see us.

Orlando's POV

I didn't really think that this Demon Eyes thing is actually real or not, but it is. I'm pretty freaked out though. As soon as all the plans were sorted out and all that was left is for Nicolette's sister to drive us there. I don't know if this is a good plan, but honestly, I just want Adelyn safe. I know I'm not with her, but if she's in danger, I'll help her. Even though the thought of being in this team, and Kaden's plan scares me.

Nicolette's POV

Oh my god, Ads has Demon Eyes, and Kaleb... I just want to kill Kade's father as much as he does, but that will be murder... and murdering a demonic human being is impossible. I just hope Ads is safe...

Adelyn's POV

Where's Nico? Oh well, I guess I'll see her in Maths. I was just about to say something but then the bell went, and being Adelyn, I forgot what I was gonna say.

"I saw you and the new kid Kaden passing notes yesterday in Science" said one of my friends Elliyana Nickelson.

"Oh, back in Primary school, we had a thing." I explained.

"That's kinda cute." commented Francessca Lachet.

"And now he's back for you, how sweet." Lorenza Ademollo added, and Lila Simmons agreed, as they all awed.

"Okay, calm down guys." I said, a little embarrassed.

Now, I don't know what to do with Orlando now that Kade's back in the picture. I don't know how things are going to go, I don't want to have to reject anyone. Well... future me, here's something for you. It's called a problem that the past Adelyn is giving future Adelyn.

-

Maths, my old enemy. Can I just be re- hold up, is that Nico and Kaleb holding hands?! Aww, cute. I'm so gonna tease her!

"Nico, you enjoying that attachment to your hand?" I yelled as they stopped right in front of me.

"Ads, shut up" she answered.

"No need to be rude Mrs Elsen" I teased again.

"Adel-"

"Now, Addy... I'm so sorry.. Mrs Elsen" Kade said, cutting her off, and resting his arm on my shoulder.

I saw Orlando smirk at my Mrs Elsen tease, and not even noticing or even a teeny bit bothered by how close Kade is to me.. that's relaxing.

"Right you two, you're getting it" Nico annoyedly and jokingly threatened.

When the door opened and we had - oh no. No, not her anyone but her..