Chapter 5 - True Love

Adelyn's POV

Maths, my old enemy. Can I just be re- hold up, is that Nico and Kaleb holding hands?! Aww, cute. I'm so gonna tease her!

"Nico, you enjoying that attachment to your hand?" I yelled as they stopped right in front of me.

"Ads, shut up" she answered.

"No need to be rude Mrs Elsen" I teased again.

"Adel-"

"No, Addy's right... Mrs Elsen"

Kade said, cutting her off, and resting his arm on my shoulder. I saw Orlando smirk at my Mrs Elsen tease, and not even noticing or even a teeny bit bothered by how close Kade is to me.. that's relaxing..

"Right you two, you're getting it" Nico annoyedly and jokingly threatened.

When the door opened and we had - oh no. No, not her anyone but her..

"Alright class, your actual teacher called in sick, so I'm your relief teacher for today." Explained the teacher, "I'm Miss Bradshaw. Some of you may know me from your primary school, as I can see some familiar faces" as soon as she said that, she looked over at Nico, Kade and I.

This is Stephanie Bradshaw.. Kade's uncle's goddaughter, from his father's side. I really don't like Kade's father.. or his uncle he's terrible to Kade and his mother. I can't believe it. Stephanie is here, she practically lives with her godfather since her real parents passed away. Not to mention he has something to do with my father's death.. At least that's what Father Michael said..

Kaden's POV

No, Stephanie?! You're kidding me... She's probably in on Demon Eyes too.. I give Nico the look and she told Kaleb about it. I then go to Orlando but before I could tell him, Addy grabbed me and pulled me to the end of the line. Nico then took this chance to tell Orlando.

"Kade, Steph is here, and I know for a fact her godfather has something to do with my father's death." She worriedly panicked.

I really hate it when she's not happy.

"Addy, I'll talk to her. Make sure she's not... involved." I assured her.

She still had that stressed look in her eye, so I reassure her,
"Don't worry Addy, everything's gonna be fine".

She smiled gratefully. I sighed as she hung her head down, entering the classroom.

-

After class, I stayed behind to ask Stephanie if she was involved with Demon Eyes. But discreetly.

"Stephanie, did you by any chance-"

"Kaden, I would never be part of the Demon Eyes Project." she replied, "I found out that your uncle, who is my godfather, is part of your father's diabolical plan. Your mother told me about it and all. She told me that you weren't involved, so she didn't want you lingering in their darkness."

I looked confusedly at her, my mother talked to her?

"You talked to my mother?" I asked, curiously and worriedly. I can't hide it anymore.

"Yes, Kade, take a seat." She said so I did, and so did she, "My parents both died in a car crash and I had to go to your uncle, so I did, but your mother took me and warned me about him and your father. Along with your brother. She also gave me proof, and she took me in before he could because she doesn't want your uncle to ever take me in, and now I'm practically your 'older sister' as your mother claims. She misses you Kade, come with me, and see her. She'll want to see you again, and I know you want to see her".

-

Woah, what did I just do... I just gave myself a chance to see my mother again! Since Steph is a relief teacher at this school, maybe I can go live with her and still be able to attend this school... Oh! But Addy...

Adelyn's POV

I walked out of Maths and sat outside of the classroom, when Nico took me and brought me to the library. In the library, I saw my old friend Elizabeth Town. She's the same age as us, but only a few months older, so she's a year older. Year 11. So I start going to her and talking to her. Eliza started talking about her life back in Alaska, where she and her boyfriend, Xander Fisher started dating. They're still together, and surviving the long distance relationship. They both have trust in each other and she goes back to Alaska to visit him every school holidays.

Elizabeth's POV

"And he grabbed her hand, leading her into a maze full of flowers and in the middle, a surprise like no other." I read, "she giggled as she walked blindfolded with the love of her life guiding her. She took off her blindfo-"

"Hey Eliza" I heard some one call for me as I stop reading and shoot my head up.

"Oh Ads, hey" I greeted, putting the bookmark in between the two pages, and closing my book, "how's your holiday been?"

"Yeah, could be better.." she replied, "how bout yours? How's Xander doing?"

"Yeah, my holidays were great. Christmas was enjoyable and Xander said something about a late birthday surprise?" I explained, "but sometimes I do wish that I was still in Alaska with him, or if he came here with me."

"Yeah, that must be hard doing the long distance thing." She sighed.

"Sometimes, it's easy, but the times when I need him it's hard." I replied.

I really love talking to Ads. She's always trying to help people, even when she's not really feeling all that well, she still puts others in front of her. She really should try and put herself as a number one priority..

"Oh, so I heard that Kade came" I began, "you should be really happy, seeing as you two were like best friends back in primary."

"I am quite happy he's back." she smiled to herself.

I smiled back at her, and glanced at the entrance, when something caught my eye. Or rather some one. I look back at the entrance, I sit up immediately and see.. him. I sit there with my gaping mouth, but I feel a lot of surprise and happiness in my body, so as he came up to me, I froze on my spot.

"Hey Princess, surprise" he said crouching down and grabbing my knees for balance.

"Oh my god, Xander!" I greeted happily while pulling him into a big hug.

-

When Orlando called Ads to go over, I give her a smile and she gives me a confused look first. I know he's never called her before.. Wonder what it's about..