"Well, what are you doing here?" James lets go of Emily's arms and rubs his nape of the neck, slowly reducing the tension between them.

   "Oh! I am waiting for Harry. He's in that room," Emily points to the room. James nods and smiles at Emily.

   "Both of you are really close, aren't you?"

   "Me and Harry? Yeah, we're friends since we were 7."

   After that, Harry comes out from the room with Emily's book in his hand. He looks up and meets James' eyes. Both of them smile and wave at each other. Emily gets jealous by looking at them. Why do boys get so friendly very quickly and easily? When it comes to choosing friends, girls will become fussy. That's why boys have the best friendship in the world!

   "Hey, James, good luck for the final match!" Harry pats James' shoulder and James thanks him. "I found your book, Em!" he turns to Emily and shows her the book and hands it to her.

   "Wow! I'm surprised that I don't see any dirty stain on my book this time, Haz. I'm so impressed!" Emily flips her book around and looks into the pages. Suddenly, a photograph falls off of one of the pages. Emily quickly picks it up.

   "I already looked at it, Em!" Harry folds his arms and laughs. Emily pouts at him.

   "What is that? Can I see it?" James reaches out his hand and Emily gives him the photograph without thinking.

   James looks at it and smiles. "This is you and Thomas with your parents?" he asks and Emily nods and she glances at Harry who is playing with his fingers.

   "You look like your mother," James says all of a sudden. Emily feels a pang in her chest just hearing James said that.

   "Really?" Emily doesn't realised that her lips start to form a sincere smile.

   "Yup. The shape of eyes and face. Most of her features are on you," James replies while looking at the photograph and then at Emily.

   Emily feels tears glistening in her eyes and she quickly blinks to get rid of the stupid tears. This is not the right time to fall! "Okay. Give me the photo". James hands it back to Emily. "Don't we have a class after this, Harry? Come on," she puts the photograph in her book. Harry and James share a meaningful look and shrug at each other. They know that there is something wrong with Emily because of her sudden change of behaviour, but they decide to ask her about it later.

   "Yeah, right. Bye, James!" Harry picks up his bag and the three of them wave at each other. Then, Harry drapes his arm around Emily's shoulders casually and Emily just lets him do that. Meanwhile, James stares at them with an unknowable feeling in his heart.

*******

   In a toilet, Emily looks at herself in the mirror, thinking of something. She closes her eyes slowly.

   'You look like your mother.'

   'Most of her features are on you.'

   Emily opens her eyes back and stares at her reflection. Somehow, she can see her mother in it. Her good and bad memories with her mother painfully appear in her mind, playing one by one like a performance of a play in a theatre.

   "My mother was good and nice, but something had changed her," Emily talks to herself while holding her head. Then, she shakes her head and washes her face with cold water.

*******

   "Come here, Em. Let's play!" Anthony calls Emily over. Katherine pulls Emily's hand and leads her into the pitch.

   "Our captain looks so energetic today," Katherine says to Anthony and gives him a salute. Anthony just nods and grins at her.

   After that, the three of them play a simple football - just kicking and catching the ball.

   "Emily, now you have to be the goalkeeper," Anthony gives Emily a pair of goalkeeper gloves.

   "Wow! Amazing!" Emily takes the gloves and wears them. At that time, several players start to gather and stand on the sidelines of the pitch. Emily can see Thomas talking to his teammates on the bench. Then, she quickly looks front when Katherine calls her name.

   "Focus, Emily!" Katherine says and kicks the ball towards Emily. Emily becomes confident for a while, but when the ball starts to come closer to her, she squeals a bit and punches it to the right. She can see the ball now flying towards Thomas who is moving a water bottle to his mouth. She wants to warn him, but it's too late because the ball has already hit Thomas' bottle and knocked it to the ground. Oops! Emily quickly takes off the gloves and throws them aside. Katherine and Anthony just watch the scene and laugh softly.

   Meanwhile, Thomas watches the water from his bottle dripping on the grass. Urrgghh! He's so thirsty and someone just made the bottle fall onto the grass. He lifts up his head and looks around and catches Emily quickly change her view from him. He narrows his eyes at her, suspecting her demeanour. After that, Emily slowly turns around and meets Thomas' eyes. He gives her a death glare and Emily grins at him while mouthing the word 'sorry'. He looks away and walks to a blue cooler to take a new water bottle.

   "Okay. Enough with playing football!" Emily picks up the gloves and hands them back to Anthony. She turns around and feels something wet on her face. She slowly opens her eyes and sees Thomas holding a water bottle in front of her.

   "Please don't tell me that you spat the water at me from your mouth," Emily wipes the water from her face.

   "Nah, I didn't. But I would love to do so," Thomas replies and Emily rolls her eyes.

   "Can I have your water, please? I'm thirsty," Emily asks, sounding like a spoilt child. Thomas gives her his bottle with an annoyed look. "Yay! Thank you," she drinks the water gratefully. Woo ~ What a relief!

   "Having fun, sis?" Thomas asks after Emily had done drinking water.

   "I enjoy watching football, but playing - I don't," Emily wags her finger and gives the bottle back to Thomas.

   "Hey, Em!"

   "Yeah, Tom?". Thomas raises his eyebrow at the sobriquet that Emily just gave him. Tom? Whatever. It sounds cool.

   "I have a practice again after this, so you can go home without me," Thomas says while fanning himself with his shirt. Emily just nods slowly at his statement. "Don't be sad. You can survive at home without me, right?" Thomas chuckles a bit.

   "I'm not sad!" Emily folds her arms and rolls her eyes. Thomas wants to talk more, but he hears the coach start to blow the whistle, as a sign that the practice has begun.

   "Okay, Em. I have to practise now. Bye! Be careful," Thomas waves at Emily and runs towards his teammates. Emily waves at him back and walks away from the pitch.

______________________________________

I love Harry McArthur! I imagine him speaking with a Northern English accent. 😍😍 Plus, he plays violin! Hahaha !! *fangirling*

♡♥♡♥♡♥
Bye-bye !! Love you ~! ❤💙💜