13.3 The Service, Fluff, and Steam

Start from the beginning

Looking up, Lang Yuan found his self get caught by the flashes of red and orange lighting that flooded the dark covered world. With what seems to be dragons dancing under the moonlight, the night market has opened its joyous music again as creatures with different races filled the paved streets with chatter and happy laughter. The stores owned by non-human creatures were haggling to another group of non-humans as the circular red Chinese lanterns were floating in the air as if patrolling the night.

The Night Market - complimenting its name, it was indeed a market that appears during the night. However, the main participants of this nightly community where mostly non-humans, which are said to be the 'dwellers of the moonlight'. They are called in that name because these creatures are only visible under the light of the moonlight thus only appears at the night. However, even though they are still active during the day, their absence of appearance made people thought that they were sleeping and did not like interacting during the day.

But despite the differences, the humans and these creatures have a friendly relationship. Actually, there are still humans who are participating on the night market. Most of them are merchants that sell goods that are usually available during the daylight, or traders that exchanges materials that both parties needed. There are also humans who come to play with a few non-human friends, drinking on sake shops, or eating on the food corners. Children are no exception, as one would see kids playing and running around having fun.

"Amazing..." Lang Yuan uttered under a soft voice.

Normal humans would not be able to hear it, but Yu XueQin, whose senses are that of a dragon, heard that one word of appreciation coming from the youth. He moved the hands that were tangled together since earlier up and kissed the back of Lang Yuan's hand. This small gesture was caught by a few people making them cheer and smile by the warm loving atmosphere. The little guy look up to meet the solemn eyes of the taller man.

"You are not scared," Yu XueQin said the sentence in declarative rather than a question.

"Mnn. I am not," Lang Yuan agreed.

He wondered, why should he be afraid of these creatures? He had seen dragons and such went over to a few more dangerous situation meeting more weird creatures. Seeing the warm atmosphere that was only filled with happiness, why should he be scared? Rather, he was feeling excited like a kid going to the amusement park for the first time. He even wanted to pull the emperor in so they could start walking around. Yu XueQin made a light laugh.

"We have all the night to have fun. What is there to worry?" He pinched the blushing cheeks of the youth before bringing him inside the market to have fun.

The Night Market can be compared to a normal market; it's just that the common things that you would see are different. They can't be referred as normal, rather abstract to the eyes of the watcher. When Lang Yuan entered the scene, myriad of colors splashed out from his first step. He almost jumped out wondering what those colors are, but Yu XueQin held him on place to keep him safe.

"Don't worry; they just don't recognize you yet. After all, this place belongs to a different platform," Yu XueQin calmly said.

Lang Yuan nodded before looking down. Both of the emperor's feet are standing well on the ground. Seeing that there is no reaction, it seems that he has been gone to this kind of place before. Lang Yuan took another step inside again, though there are still the colored lights, he was calmer and prepared. He ignored the fact that the ground he was stepping is leaving a neon-colored light all the way through.

Some of the locals had seen this thing but their interest was only piqued slightly. Well, all the creatures inside this market are 'extraordinary', it means that it would be normal if one or two people from the population would have glowing feet. Lang Yuan did not notice their stares so he just simply skipped while holding hands with the emperor.