MGIAGF: Misfortunes and Misadventures of Jack

Chapter 2

When they went inside, an old man (the old guide earlier) welcomed them. He greeted them and led them to show great things inside the temple.

Merida and their other classmates watched the old man in awe — including Once-ler. But Jack, he was totally bored. He kept asking Once-ler when will this be able to stop. He'd always reply an 'I don't know'.

Jack groaned as the old guide led them to an another boring stuff. The old man showed them a painting (the painting of the fox and goddess earlier) and explained what happened to the fox and all.

To be honest, Jack for somewhat reason, got curious about this fox story. And he don't know why. So, he just shrugged it off.

Then they went off with another boring stuff and another one and another one. Damn. He just wanted to stop this whole boring thing and write a song. Geez, he would be so happy once they're done with this.

It was already dawn when the old guide was already done about explaining everything about the temple, he led the whole classroom into a room for some food and tea.

Of course, they all gladly accepted it — even Jack. Oh, come on, he's hungry though. Then, he felt like he wants to go outside and wander. Also, to think for his new song.

He bade goodbye to Once and Mer and to his teacher. His teacher said it's okay but he needed to go back early. He smiled then nodded before heading outside the temple.

He must admit, he liked the view outside. It's so.. peaceful. So beautiful. He started walking and walking, admiring the beauty of nature. The temple itself was beautiful. It's standing on bamboo stilts on water. He could also see the beautiful lake that surrounded the temple.

Even though, it's an enchanting sight, he felt something eerie. It's like someone's watching him. He looked around and saw nothing. He's already far away from the temple, but not that far. He shrugged it off and walked again, thinking what song he could write.

After walking for half an hour or so, he couldn't think any idea for a song. And he didn't even notice the time. Giving up, he decided to go back to the temple. But, it started to rain.

"Darn it." He cursed. He tried to call Once-ler but his phone was already dead. 'Oh, great.' he thought then groaned. Since the rain was torrential, he just sat down.

He noticed the temple where the painting of the fox and goddess was placed. The painting of the fox and goddess were separated. It's located in a smaller temple.

Since it was near, he decided to go there. When he was inside, his phone rang. Thinking it was Once-ler, he immediately answered it.

"Hello, Once. I'm here where the painting of the fox and goddess were located–" He was then interrupted by a girl's voice.

"Do you see the painting?" The girl on the other line asked. Surely, it's not Merida or Mavis.

"Huh? Wait.. who are you?" He asked. Just who the heck is this girl?

"I said, do you see the painting?" The unknown girl repeated.

"Of course I do! What do you think, I'm blind?" He sarcastically said.

"Great. Did you notice that the fox is missing its tail?" The girl asked. In the painting, the fox doesn't have a tail and he didn't even notice it. The old guide didn't even mention it.

He looked at the painting and was shocked. The fox indeed, had no tails.

"Uh-huh. Wait, who are you?" He asked before looking at his cellphone to see the caller's number. Sure was, whoever she was, she knew where he was.

And to his horror, the phone was dead. He remembered that before he entered this now creepy temple, his phone was already dead.

He quickly looked around, and the doors shut by themselves.

His eyes widened, as his heart pounded loudly. He was so scared, nervous. He placed the phone beside his ear, his hand shaking.

"W-who are y-you? W-what do y-you w-want?" He stuttered, trying so hard to sound brave, even though he's shaking in fear.

"I just want you to draw a tail on the fox." The girl on the other line demanded.

"What?! A-are you crazy? It's vandalism! What if they found out that I'm the one who drew the tail on the fox? They'll be angry at me!" He said, still looking around, hoping that this was just a practical joke.

"You're gonna draw a tail on that fox or I'm gonna haunt you forever?" She threatened.

His heart was pounding loudly. Haunt him? Forever?

"Okay, okay, fine! But if they'll ask who drew the tail I'll say that it's you!" He said and slowly took a pen out of his bag and drew a tail behind the fox. He nearly dropped the pen because he's trembling with fear.

"Go on! Faster!" The girl said, causing him to panic that he accidentally drew a point on the fox's shoulder.

He groaned. "Don't push me!" He said, finishing the tail. Right before he's finished, a strong gust of wind blew, the rain started to pour even harder, lightnings were everywhere.

And because he's too scared now, he ran out of the temple. He didn't know where to go, but he wanted to get out of that creepy temple. Rain was pouring all over him, but he didn't care. And to his luck, he accidentally fell on a cliff and land right on his back really hard. Really, really hard. The last thing he saw was the rain dropping down on his face as he felt the most painful pain he experienced in his whole entire life before everything went black.