MGIAGF: Pinky Promise

Chapter 12

An hour has already passed and Punzie already drank nine cans of beer. And no, she's not wasted or drunk, she's just a bit ecstatic.

"Woah, Jack. This is the best beverage I've ever had!" The blonde said, giggling as she poured some beer in a mug.

"Ah, it's so foamy on top!" She added, touching the bubbles that have floated on top of the mug.

Jack sighed heavily, he couldn't believe that she's still not drunk after all of the beers she drank. And who knew that foxes are alcoholic?

But there's one more problem: he still doesn't know her weakness. If he'll ask her that, it needs to be subtle.

"Jack." Punzie called as he looked at her. "Yes?" The white haired lad responded with a fake smile.

"Why aren't you drinking that much? You've only drank three cans of beer." She asked.

"Well, I really don't want to be wasted and these beers are for you." He reasoned.

She nodded as she ate the cooked beef he grilled for her. "You're right, beef tastes so much better with beer!" She exclaimed happily.

He faked a chuckle as he secretly rolled his eyes. 'So childish.' He thought.

"Uh, Punzie, I have a question." He said, kind of nervous if this will work out or not.

"Yeah?" She answered, even though her mouth was still full of meat. "What is it?"

"Um, do.. you... still feel.. fear?" Jack catiously asked, praying she wouldn't notice anything suspicious about him.

She just looked at him with her emerald green eyes for a moment and that made him nervous. He mentally kicked himself for thinking that he might said something bad.

"I-I mean, for a supernatural being like you, do you still feel fear?" He asked once again, sweat building up on his forehead.

"Why did you ask?" She questioned as she continued eating.

"Uh, well, because.." he stammered, thinking so damn hard what to say next. The blonde just waited for his response.

"..to protect you from it." He blurted out.

He didn't know why the hell did he say that, but that's the first thought that came to his mind.

Punzie stared at him with wide eyes as she was surprised by what he said.

Jack, too, was shocked by what came out of his mouth and he immediately mentally scolded himself for that.

"You... want to protect me from.. my fear?" She asked him. She didn't know why, but when she heard those words from him, her heart raced like crazy. She genuinely didn't expect that from him.

He gulped as he wiped his sweat. "Uh, well, ..yeah." He responded, running his fingers through his hair.

Actually, he didn't want to say that, but he had no choice. He needs to know what's her fear.

"The truth is..." she started as she took a deep breath. "I'm afraid of... water." She confessed.

His eyes widened a bit. She actually did say her fear! It worked!

"Water? You're afraid of water?" He asked, raising a bottle of water.

"Not that kind of water!" She whined. "I meant, large bodies of water. Like oceans and rivers." She informed.