thirty

THE MAN IN THE HELICARRIER WAS LOOKING was looking at his partner fall. Her arms were stretched in front of her, her legs falling limp as her green eyes shut close after coming in contact with the water. He saw her skin turning red, the sight not being pleasant and goosebumps rising in his skin as he thought about how awful that would feel.

       His blue eyes then landed on the other man who had also fallen into the water, instinct making him let go of the helicarrier and rush to his aid. He swam all the way down, his broken arm keeping him from achieving the speed he wanted, but not holding him as back as he thought it would.

       The soldier pulled the captain's arm and got him to the edge, inspecting his face for a second. His factions, his voice and the way he spoke to him almost made him wonder if he really knew him. If this man, a patriotic hero, and an example for everyone out there, actually knew a cold blooded assassin like himself.

       Of course, the answer was obvious to the soldier. It was a straight up no. It didn't make sense.... right?

      Remembering that his partner was still in the water,his blue eyes went wide as he stood up and ran as fast as he could. His broken arm was a burden, physically feeling like just lying down and giving up but emotionally feeling a rush he had never felt before and couldn't describe.

       So, he jumped into the water after the alien. He looked around the bottom of the lake desperately, oxygen begging to fade from his lungs as he finally spotted her.

       She was lying down on the sand, her strawberry blonde hair loose and around her face, making her look angelic. He grabbed her body and pushed himself by bending his legs and using all his strength to rise to the surface.

      Once he got them out, he headed to a deeper part of the woods and lied her down. She hissed, small whimpers coming from her lips as her burnt skin came in contact with the dirt and grass.

       "Wasserstoff." Hydrogen. She mumbled, her hands reaching up as if she was gonna receive something. "Wasserstoff." Hydrogen. She repeated. Her body felt like it was burning, a feeling she hadn't felt in a long while and dint recall ever feeling.

       In comparison to the cold that HYDRA put her through back in cyro freeze, her body could adapt to cold temperatures easily. But the feeling of acid in every single part of her body made her wish to just be dead and for everything to be over.

       Almost as if he could read her mind, the Winter Soldier shook his head, running all the way to where the HYDRA agents had left all of their stuff before the helicarriers fell.

       There had to be something.

       He threw the bags around like rag dolls, the soldier even putting his broken arm to use as he focused all his energy on saving his partner. When he finally found three bags filled with the chemical she was asking for, he swung them over his shoulder and sprinted as fast as he could. He wasn't panting, his breathing perfect and trained as he threw himself to his knees next to her and placed the mask on her mouth and nose.

       Allura gasped in relief as she felt the element curse through her body like a drug, her hands reaching up to her forehead and removing the headband with a small scream. She then did the same on her wrists, breathing heavily as blood poured out of the wounds.

       She kept breathing, though.

       The red around her eyes disappeared and was replaced by its normal green. The injuries in her skin also fading as the two soldiers looked at each other in the eyes, the Alien squeezing his metal hand as the pain disappeared.

        She didn't realize she was holding his hand, though. He didn't feel her hand on his. But just looking made the soldier's heart pound faster, the man shrugging it off and observing his partner.

       "We have to go." He said, helping her stand as she still carried the hydrogen tank. She nodded, leaving it on the ground and going to take the bag that contained the other two tanks. "I'll take that." The Soldier interrupted, the Alien shaking her head.

       "Your arm appears to be broken."

       "I'm fine."

        They walked through the forest, both limping and groaning from time to time but not stopping. They stole clothes from a house and put them on, Allura carefully wrapping James's broken arm. In a perfect team work, they fixed Allura's bracelets and connected them to a hidden hydrogen tank inside her backpack.

       "This is gonna hurt."

       "I know."

       And not so carefully, James stabbed the bracelets back into her bloodstream, Allura hissing in pain and biting her lips as hard as she could.

         "I have a theory." She whimpered, lowering the amount of hydrogen from the tank and habilitating the entrance of oxygen as well; in a minimum measure. She didn't know why she suddenly had all the knowledge in elements and other stuff she didn't recognize, but she didn't pay mind to it as she continued o fix the device. "This way, my eyes will remain green and I'll have enough strength to keep going."

         "I suppose you know what you're doing."

         After this, the two headed to the only place that the Winter Soldier thought could help him remember who he was.

        The Smithsonian.

        Once they arrived, they began to pointlessly walk around the place. Their eyes landed on multiple figures and people that were observing with wonder and excitement.

         The Soldier and the Alien looked at each other, not understanding what was so important about this characters and not even bothering to read through their descriptions. They followed a large line until a huge face popped up, Allura admiring the man's features in silence as the Winter Soldier read the piece.

         "Das bist du." That's you. The Alien said quietly, James gulping and nodding as he read through the heroic life's of supposedly dead Bucky Barnes.

        Though the supposedly didn't fit.

        Because James Buchanan Barnes was indeed dead, as all that was left of him were the ashes that the Winter Soldier had replaced.

Hellllloooooo! Here is a new chapter!

It's so sad that Bucky thinks that he isn't worthy of Steve knowing him, because he is :(

I try to make a routine between Bucky and Allura; I don't know if it's noticed: but they always have this instinct of protecting one another and I just find that so sweet.

Now, Allura and Bucky are on unknown territory : the outside world. What do you guys think will happen?

I hope you enjoyed, thank you so much for previous comments and votes! I'm glad so many of you enjoy this story and look forward to reading!

Have a very beautiful day/ night :D

- evanescence2016