nine

ALLURA WAS STRAPPED DOWN TO a chair, her arms were behind her and her legs were each tied to the chair's legs. Her head was down, her body dripping wet from the water they were throwing at her as she glared at the cables that had been producing electricity on her body for the last two hours.

        Her hand was twitching at the constant energy but she didn't even bother to scream in pain anymore; especially because next to her was James in the exact same condition; but his body didn't have a high pain tolerance like hers did.

        "You alright?" Bucky asked, panting loudly as he struggled to move his head to look at her, his blue eyes tired and broken. Allura chuckled, looking at her wall and counting the small lines.

       "According to what you taught me we've been here for two months. Or eight weeks." She said, Bucky nodding in approval as he realized that his lessons on earth's hours were working. "Give it more time, and I'll answer that question."

        James nodded, sending her a smile as she asked the same question to him. "Well, I'd feel better if I wasn't in this situation. But other than that..." He let the sentence hang in the air, Allura only sighing as she looked at the guards who were walking in. "They got angrier because of the guards we killed the last time."

        "And the time before that." Allura completed, Bucky nodding and watching as the cables began shaking, the electricity beginning to flow through him.

       He yelled in pain when his body felt like it was on fire, Allura's eyes coating with concern as she gaped at the man in front of her. She had never seen his reaction when electrocuted. The strawberry blonde had always kept her head down and eyes focused so that she could concentrate on numbing the torment.

        He looked awful. His hair was longer, for just a little bit and it covered his eyes when he looked at his lap. His eyes were shut while his body took the torture and his body was clenched as a clear reaction to it. He was wet from head to toe just like she was, and the guards continued to throw water at him—so that the energy would affect him more.

        "You can take a picture if you want, doll." He joked, his lips turning into a pained smirk as he attempted to lighten the environment. Allura tilted her head in confusion, continuing to analyze him.

       "What's a peecture?" She asked, Bucky looking at her in disbelief once the the electricity stopped.

       "You don't know what a picture is?" Such a surprise it was to him. It was no secret that Allura was a beautiful woman. So he concluded that maybe, back in Jupiter, she took pictures all the time with advanced cameras they might have. "It's a machine that can be used to, you know, capture a place or a person or both in a small piece of paper."

        The strawberry blonde bit her lip, thinking of how they'd use that back on Jupiter. They didn't even have paper, everything was digital. So, no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't find any productive situation where a camera was displayed. In her planet, the people mostly focused on what was resourceful and could bring them something new and innovative, fun wasn't really considered.

        "Maybe, when we get out of here I'll show you a camera and I'll get you to take your first picture." He told her, his eyes hopeful to any possible escape. Allura's eyes brightened, a hum in approval escaping her as she sent him a breathtaking smile.