twenty three

THE FIRST THING SHE FELT was the warmth against her skin. Not so warm because of the air conditioning, but enough to make the freezing cold go away. It felt like a bad dream, in which you suddenly start sweating and flinching to the point of waking up... and she did.

       Her green eyes opened quickly, her hands being released from the chains and the oxygen mask being taken off her mouth. She instinctively breathed as most hydrogen as she could, the simple inhale giving her strength to stand up.

       She was pulled by the arms, dragged all the way to the chair she recognized, her mind only holding a few memories in comparison to when she was first wiped. In the room, she recognized the man that was being put on the other machine.

       Their eyes widened when they locked glances, both of them trying to reach one another pointlessly. "Allura." Bucky whimpered, the strawberry blonde biting her lip as her eyes watered.

       "Bucky."

        When she was young, she had always hated feeling weak. While fighting, she'd naturally lead and battle with skill—never really struggling to. But now, after so long of being pushed around, her personality had been crumbled, erased, or hurt.

       Safe to say, neither Bucky or Allura were the same. The were done for. Done with life, done with HYDRA. Unless it came to each other; that's when they'd feel strong and hopeful.

       But they wouldn't have one another for long.

        The two assets were wiped, thirty six hours being enough time for the HYDRA agents.

       "Rodnoy brat. Toskuyushchiy po domu. Tri tysyachi. Voyna. Zhelaniye. Krasnyy. Allt. Odin. Toska. Ugrozhayushchiy." Brother. Homesick. Three thousand. War. Saudade. Red. Allt. One. Yearning. Menacing.

       The strawberry blonde was not Allura anymore. She was HYDRA. She was the Alien. Her body shook as her green eyes numbly observed the other asset going through the same process.

       "Soldat?"

       "YA gotov otvechat." They both responded. The guards nodded and let a tall man in, his hands behind his back and his expression cold.

       "This is Alexander Pierce. You serve him." The asset's handlers began preparing them. They got their suits and weapons to send them to their mission. The man only looked at the woman, his eyes squinting in recognition but his mouth shut. He sent a file their way, the assets reading through it and spotting their target.

       "Kill Nicholas Fury. You get two days." The two nodded, getting into a HYDRA van and preparing for the first attack in a while; at least for the Alien, since the Winter Soldier had gone on two missions while she was frozen. They sat at the back of the van, their gaze emotionless as they looked at nothing in particular.

       The assets heard the commotion— the screaming, the sirens, the gunshots and the car tires. But it was when they heard nothing when they knew it was time to go out there and finish the mission. So, they grabbed grenades and shot them at the same time once they were out of the van.

       Though unfortunately, HYDRA had already managed to scare their target off... Now they'd have to take the punishment.

       Allura went to walk behind the agents, but the soldier pulled her back by the arm. She turned to look at him, his blue eye mandatory as they jumped from building to building. "You have his track?" She asked, her voice still getting used to talking.

       "Da." Yes. The soldier replied, the two sitting in silence as they waited for night to come.

       "They'll still punish us for leaving." Allura started, the soldier sighing and staring in agreement.