seven

THE STRAWBERRY BLONDE REMEMBERS THE first time she ever swam by herself back in Jupiter. She was one thousand and six hundred years old and was excited over finally getting to see for herself the deep, cold hydrogen lakes her planet possessed.

       They were beautiful, her skin immediately turning blue at the temperature and her sight adjusting to the underwater world. There were animals around her, and sea plants and beautiful creatures that had the ability to survive the hydrogen.

        She had felt so free and so new that when she stepped out for breath, she wanted to go back inside for more. Indeed, she swam for the entire ten hour day, a permanent smile on her face that her parents loved seeing on her.

        Allura had felt an amount of wonder that she didn't feel again until a thousand and four hundred years later, when her pod crashed and broke on earth. Though now, as she was injected with things she couldn't identify, she just wished to go back to that beautiful lake again, she wished to go back home.

        She had wanted to escape war, her mother had sent her off to escape war but she finds herself stuck in a much more personalized nightmare. Her grandmother would be disappointed of these humans in particular; always having seen the sweet and enchanting side of the earthlings.

        How lucky she was to have died before the óvinir struck, at the age of nine thousand years, eight before the riot began and the Saturnians; like they were actually called, invaded.

       "Hvaðan ertu?" Where are you from? A woman asked, holding a mask to her face filled with oxygen that would heat when a button was pressed. Allura panted, crimson red blood coming out of her mouth when the weapon was removed.

       "Ég mun ekki segja." I won't say. She coughed, trying to get her gaze to the other man who had a fabric around his eyes and his arms were chained to the bed, scientist injecting him as he screamed.

        Why did he sound so familiar? Just by knowing of his presence the room, Allura found herself knowing that she had met him, somewhere, before. But the strawberry blonde had no time to think it through, the mask being shoved on her face again as she yelled in pain, the scream breaking the mask and making the woman fly back, soldiers grabbing her and burning her lips.

        "Du gehorchst uns. Du hast nichts zu sagen, Soldat." You obey us. You have nothing to say, soldier. He said, the girl looking at him with a disgusted look as her eyes glowed, laser coming out of them shortly after, making the man scream in pain, other soldiers hitting her repeatedly with whips and tying her eyes with a metal piece, the martian growling and trying to break free.

       "I don't understand your language!" She said, proving them how pathetic their containments were by piercing the metal with her eyes, turning it into ash and letting it fall to the floor.

       "The fire is nearly the temperature of-"

       "The sun." Allura interrupted them, shooting them again and killing every scientist in the room, the other man panting in fear as he heard everyone let out grunts of pain, not knowing if he'd be next. "I'm not gonna kill you." She said, piercing the binds with her eyes and rubbing her wrists, doing the same to him and removing the blindfold, her eyes widening when she saw the familiar face of Bucky Barnes.

        "Allura?" He said, standing up slowly as he gaped at her, the woman's eyes accidentally going to his uncovered abdomen before looking back to his alarmed blue eyes. "What are you?" He asked, being pulled to his feet by the martian while he still stared into the red outline of her eyes.